Install Party des Savoie
During a day, people from Pays de Savoie, which is both Savoie and Haute-Savoie departements, is welcomed to get familiar with a new desktop environment, GNU/Linux, renowned for its ability to be reliable and virus-free.
Thus, local public has many ways to discover the concept of free software:
- via an exhibition as an introduction to free software;
- via documentation: books, magazines, leaflets, etc.;
- and for utmost curious people, via GNU/Linux a free and open-source operating system that can be installed on their PC on that day, provided that they bring their own PC.
2011 Install Party des Savoie took place on May 21 in Chambery's Jean-Jacques Rousseau Media Librairy, where LUGs from Savoie gathered all together. Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE) system was adopted and presented to the public as a Live DVD or to be installed on their computers. For the first time in France an attempt of visioconferencing was made between two different installfeists via videoconferencing tools such as Ekiga or XMPP protocol.
- France Bleu Pays de Savoie Radio, program "À l’assaut des Associations", 2011/05/13
- 'Le Dauphiné Libéré' Newspaper, 2011/05/21.
- France Bleu Pays de Savoie Radio, program "Bleu Midi, vu d’Ici", 2011/05/16
- "Libre Softwares" Zoom Actu in Chambéry Public Librairies Web site
- 'Le Dauphiné Libéré' Newspaper, 2010/05/21.
- TV8 Mont-Blanc 2010/05/24, also available on Alpinux website: http://alpinux.org/post/2010/Apr%C3%A8s-l-install-party
- Linux Pratique Magazine # 65, May–June 2011.
- CM24 #30, Spring 2011.
- Chambéry Magazine # 96, April–May 2011.
- This page was deleted by the Administrators, but still available in French Wikipedia.