Institut d'études politiques de Toulouse
|Endowment||€6,9M (wages subtracted)|
|Affiliations||Université de Toulouse|
Sciences Po Toulouse, or The Institut d'études politiques de Toulouse is one of the nine Institutes of Political Studies of France. Based in the center of Toulouse, France, next to the Université Toulouse 1 Capitole, this highly selective political science grande école was founded by a Decree in 1948 under the name of Institut d'études politiques de l'université de Toulouse. Since 2004 the courses have been 5 years long.
Four institutes of political studies (in Bordeaux, Lyon, Grenoble and Toulouse) were established in 1946 following an executive decree by General Charles de Gaulle. The institut d'études politiques de Toulouse is one of them as an autonomous body within Toulouse 1 University Capitole. Since 2008, the cooperation between the different institut d'études politiques has increased and its students can now leave their institute in order to apply nearly freely in another one, furthermore, the competitive written examination (for students selection) is co-organized with five other institutes, respectively in Aix-en-Provence, Lille, Lyon, Rennes and Strasbourg.
- 1948 - 1955: Paul Ourliac
- 1980-1995 : André Cabanis
- 1995 - 2000 : Christian Hen
- 2000 - 2010: Laure Ortiz
- 2010 - 2015: Philippe Raimbault
The institute is modeled on the former École Libre des Sciences Politiques. Besides, it is a member of the consortium of French universities, grandes écoles and other institutions of higher education and research University of Toulouse.
Like the other institutes of political studies, it provides students with a general training in political sciences, law, sociology, economics, general knowledge and history. Since 2004, Courses have been 5 years long. it main diploma is equivalent to a master's degree. Its specialty is national security.
- Jacques Cantier, historian
- Jean-François Soulet, historian
- Patrick Champagne, sociologist
- Jean-Michel Ducomte, lawyer
- Jean-Louis Loubet del Bayle, sociologist
- Laure Ortiz, director of the Institut d'études politiques de Toulouse between 2000 and 2010
- Robert Marconis, geograph
- Gérard Mestrallet, Chairman of the Board and CEO of GDF Suez
- Sylvain Augier, journalist
- Audrey Crespo-Mara, journalist
- Olivia Ferrandi, journalist
- Christian Authier, writer
- Philippe Bélaval, civil servant
- Jacques Cantier, historian
- Henri Cuq, politician
- Philippe Folliot, politician
- François Fontan, politician
- Jacques Godfrain, politician
- Masri Feki, writer
- http://www.univ-tlse1.fr/servlet/com.univ.collaboratif.utils.LectureFichiergw?CODE_FICHIER=1215421612225&ID_FICHE=9119/ref> : Paul Couzinet
|This article about a French university, college, or other educational institution is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|