Institute For Figuring
The Institute For Figuring (IFF) is an organization based in Los Angeles, California that promotes the public understanding of the poetic and aesthetic dimensions of science, mathematics and the technical arts. The Institute hosts public lectures and exhibitions, publishes books and maintains a website.
- Robert Kaplan The Figure That Stands Behind Figures: Mosaics of the Mind (2004)
- Margaret Wertheim A Field Guide to Hyperbolic Space (2005)
- Margaret Wertheim A Field Guide to the Business Card Menger Sponge (2006)
- Wertheim, Margaret (January 21, 2013), "Many Hands Make Fractals Tactile", New York Times.
- Myers, Holly (June 7, 2012), "Review: 'Physics on the Fringe' bridges science, art worlds", Los Angeles Times.
- Cheh, Carol (May 11, 2012), "Institute for Figuring's new space: An art gallery for math and science nerds", LA Weekly.