Institute of Dental Sciences Bareilly
|Motto||"Excellence Towards Profession"|
|Bareilly International University|
|Affiliation||Bareilly International University|
Officer in charge
|Mr. C.S. Kandpal|
|Chairman||Dr. Keshav Kumar|
|President||Dr. Ashok Agarwal|
|Principal||Dr. S.R. Panat|
|Administrative Officer||Mr. C.S. Kandpal|
The Institute Of Dental Sciences Bareilly commonly called IDS Bareilly, is a dental college located in the city Bareilly, India. It was affiliated to M.J.P.Rohilkhand University, Bareilly till 2016, in 2016 it become a part of newly established Bareilly International University. It is approved by the Dental Council of India and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.
- Situated in the heart of the city on 40 acres of land.
- Has its own specialised hospital within the campus.
- Adjacent to M.J.P. Rohilkhand University and Executive Club on Pilibhit Bypass Road, Bareilly.
- The railway station and bus station within 4 to 7 km.
- Bareilly Cantonment area, Civil Lines, District Hospital within 3 km.
- Affiliated to Keshlata Hospital and Ashok Kiran Hospital within 3 km.
- Has boys and girls hostels.
- Playground for indoor and outdoor games.
- Modern teaching aids like multimedia and LCD projectors.
- OPD and advanced dental clinical facilities catering to the needs of about 150 patients daily.
- Auditorium with seating capacity of 900 students.
- Annual Events
- Freshers Party
- Sports Meet
The main academic block of the institute is a three storied building with a covered area of more than 1,00,000 sq.feet., it comprises Lecture Theaters equipped with teaching aids, Laboratories, Museum, Library and Faculty Chamber.
The Dental OPD incorporates facilities of Medical OPD and Emergency Services besides medical checkup and treatment.
- Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Department of Prosthodontics
- Department of Periodontics and Implantology
- Department of Oral,Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology
- Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Department of Public Health Dentistry
- Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology
Academic programmes offered include:
- Undergraduate Studies (BDS Programme), a five years programme, including one year of compulsory rotatory internship.
- Post Graduate Studies (MDS Programme), three years programme in:
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Public Health Dentistry
- Oral Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology
- Endodontics/Conservative Dentistry
- Oral Pathology and Microbiology
- Oral Medicine and Radiology