Institute for Advanced International Studies
Institut Québecois des Hautes Etudes Internationales
|Centre québécois de relations internationales (CQRI)|
|Motto||Deo favente haud pluribus impar|
Motto in English
|By the grace of God, to no one equal|
|President||Pierre S. Pettigrew|
|Address||Pavillon Charles-De Koninck 1030, avenue des Sciences-Humaines, Quebec City, Québec, Canada|
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Created in 1994 at Université Laval (Quebec city, Province of Quebec, Canada) the Institute for Advanced International Studies - HEI (in French Institut québécois des hautes études internationales) is an institute of advanced studies dedicated to both researching and teaching international studies with an interdisciplinary focus.
The HEI mission
- Provide the community with specialized information services, expertise and activities on international problems;
- Offer expertise on foreign societies and cultures and their importance in the Canadian and Quebec contexts;
- Train or contribute to the training of specialists of international affairs and development from a multi-and interdisciplinary framework;
- Stimulate greater interest in international studies.
The HEI Team
- Pierre S. Pettigrew Pierre Pettigrew(President)
- Louis Bélanger (Director)
- More than 70 scientific researchers recognized for their expertise in the fields of International security, sustainable development, European integration, the Americas, international trade, etc.
The HEI offers a master's in international studies which creates experts of the international scene. It offers also the doctorate in international studies. These programs are interdisciplinary ones : law, economics, management and political science constitute, by their historical contribution in the field, the main disciplines in these teaching programs.
Our members work about international issues through several research groups:
- Centre d'études interaméricaines (CEI) (in French) 
- Programme Paix et sécurité internationales (PSI) (in French) 
- Cercle Europe (in French) 
- Groupe d'études et de recherches sur l'Asie contemporaine (GERAC) (in French) 
- Chaire de recherche du Canada sur les conflits identitaires et le terrorisme (in French) 
- Chaire de recherche du Canada en droit de l'environnement (in French) 
- Chaire de recherche du Canada sur les normes de gestion du développement durable (in French) 
- Chaire d'études maghrébines (in French) 
Knowledge dissemination activities
- The quarterly journal, Études internationales (in French) , founded in 1970, is the first French-language scientific journal dedicated to the study of international phenomena.
- The HEI organise about 50 conferences, symposiums and round tables each year.