Institute for Election Systems Development
IESD was founded in 1999 as the International Foundation for Electoral Systems withdrew from Russia. IESD inherited both the programs started by IFES and IFES's Election Resource Center, a group of references created to support the Central Election Commission of Russia.
According to their website IESD:
- promotes democracy in Russia by providing technical assistance and comprehensive and objective information to all participants of the election process.
- strives to enhance the public trust for democracy as the basis of the civil society.
In achieve these goals they, according to their website:
- Disseminate information about elections to ensure that the election process is transparent.
- Educate participants of the election process on the basic, generally acknowledged principles of election campaign ethics, elections per se, and subsequent responsibilities elected deputies have with respect to their voters.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2009)|
- About Institute for Election Systems Development, Institute for Election Systems Development, 2009. Accessed August 11, 2009.
- Marsden 140
- Marsden, Lee (2005). Lessons from Russia: Clinton and US democracy promotion. Ashgate Publishing, Ltd. ISBN 978-0-7546-4610-5. Found at Google Books