Institute for Energy and Environmental Research
The Institute for Energy and Environmental Research (IEER) is an anti-nuclear organization which focuses on the environmental safety of nuclear weapons production, ozone layer depletion, and other issues relating to energy. IEER publishes a variety of books on energy-related issues, conducts workshops for activists on nuclear issues, and sponsors international symposia and educational outreach projects. IEER was established in 1987 and is based in Takoma Park, Maryland.
Arjun Makhijani is President of the Institute for Energy and Environmental Research.
- Anti-nuclear groups in the United States
- Efficient energy use
- List of nuclear accidents
- Nuclear whistleblowers
- Nuclear safety
- Renewable energy commercialization
- Clayton, Mark (2011-03-14). "Japanese nuclear reactor update: Amid signs of progress, new problems". The Christian Science Monitor.
"There should be much more attention paid to the spent-fuel pools," says Arjun Makhijani, a nuclear engineer and president of the anti-nuclear power Institute for Energy and Environmental Research.
- Davidson, Keay (1998-07-20). "Activists: Super-laser may bring tiny nukes". San Francisco Chronicle.
...says a report by physicist Arjun Makhijani and his colleague Hisham Zerriffi. They work at a leading anti-nuclear think tank, the Institute for Energy and Environmental Research in Takoma Park, Md.
- Dooley, Erin E. (2002). "Institute for Energy and Environmental Research". Environmental Health Perspectives. 110 (1): A19. PMC 1240717.
- Makhijani, Arjun (2007). Carbon-free and nuclear-free: a roadmap for U.S. energy policy. RDR Books. ISBN 9781571431738.
- Smith, Brice (2006). Insurmountable risks: the dangers of using nuclear power to combat global climate change. RDR Books. ISBN 9781571431622.
- IEER website
- Healthy from the Start: Campaign to Include Women, Children, and Future Generations in Environmental Health Standards
- "The world's worst nuclear power disasters". Power Technology. 7 October 2013.