Institute for Energy and Environmental Research
The Institute for Energy and Environmental Research (IEER) focuses on the environmental safety of nuclear weapons production, ozone layer depletion, and other issues relating to energy. IEER publishes a variety of books on energy-related issues, conducts workshops for activists on nuclear issues, and sponsors international symposia and educational outreach projects. IEER was established in 1987 and is based in Takoma Park, Maryland.
Arjun Makhijani is President of the Institute for Energy and Environmental Research.
- Efficient energy use
- List of nuclear accidents
- Nuclear whistleblowers
- Nuclear safety
- Renewable energy commercialization
- Erin E. Dooley. Institute for Energy and Environmental Research Environmental Health Perspectives, Vol. 110 , No. 1, January 2002, p. A 19.
- Arjun Makhijani (2007). Carbon-free and nuclear-free: a roadmap for U.S. energy policy RDR Books.
- Brice Smith (2006). Insurmountable risks: the dangers of using nuclear power to combat global climate change RDR Books.
- IEER website
- Healthy from the Start: Campaign to Include Women, Children, and Future Generations in Environmental Health Standards
- "The world's worst nuclear power disasters". Power Technology. 7 October 2013.
|This article about an environmental organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|