Institute for High Energy Physics
|Research type||High energy physics and particle physics|
|Director||Professor Nikolai E. Tyurin|
The first director of the institute from 1963 to 1974 was Anatoly Logunov. From 1974 to 1993 professor Lev Solovyov (Russian: Лев Дмитриевич Соловьев) served as the director of the institute. A professor, Nikolai E. Tyurin has been the director of the institute since 2003.
In 1978, a scientist of the institute, Anatoli Bugorski, was irradiated by an extreme dose of proton beam. His demise was deemed inevitable as the doctors believed he had received a dosage far in excess of what could be considered fatal. However, he survived the accident and continued to work in the institute. 
- ИФВЭ, История [IHEP, history] (in Russian).
- Nikolai Tyurin (1 November 2003). "Forty years of high-energy physics in Protvino". CERN Courier. Retrieved 17 November 2007.
- Ушёл в вечность Лев Дмитриевич Соловьёв [Lev Dmitrievich Solovyov passed away] (in Russian). Обсуждение на LiveInternet - Российский Сервис Онлайн-Дневников.
- О профессорах кафедры - Тюрин Николай Евгеньевич [About professors of the department - Tyurin Nikolai Evgenievich] (in Russian). "Кафедра квантовой теории и физики высоких энергий" [Department of quantum theory and high energy physics].
- Gessen, Masha. "The Future Ruins of the Nuclear Age". WIRED. Retrieved 21 January 2017.
- Official website
- IHEP publications
- Extensive photographs of remnants of Hadron Collider many years after abandonment