Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
The Institute for Occupational Safety and Health of the German Social Accident Insurance (German: Institut für Arbeitsschutz der Deutschen Gesetzlichen Unfallversicherung, IFA) is a German institute located in Sankt Augustin near Bonn.
The IFA supports the German institutions for social accident insurance and their organisations in solving scientific and technical problems relating to occupational safety and health. The missions of IFA contain the following objectives:
- research, development and investigations
- testing of products and material samples
- workplace measurements and advice
- participation in standardisation and regulation setting bodies
- technical information and expertise