Institute of Hotel Management, Lucknow
|Type||Hospitality management school|
|Affiliation||National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology|
Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Nutrition, Lucknow is a hospitality management school located is located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. It was established in 1969, it is affiliated to National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology
IHM Lucknow was established in year 1969 as a Food Craft Institute and upgraded to an Institute of Hotel Management in year 1980. The first batch of three-year diploma in hotel management students passed out from the institute in 1983 when the institute was located on Ashok Marg road in the heart of Lucknow. Until 1989, the institute remained small with around 20 diploma students each year. In the beginning of the academic year 1989, the institute moved to its present premises in Sector-G Aliganj and batch size was increased to about 70 and more in later years. From 2009-12 batch college started semester system in place of year system as per study calendar changed by NCHM&CT. The institute celebrated an alumni day in April 2006 and in 2008 the University celebrated the silver jubilee of its first batch. Rudra sarraf.
IHM Lucknow offers following courses-
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
The university has separate hostel and gym for boys and girls. The institute has Bakery and Confectionery Lab, Computer Lab, Audio-Visual Lab with all modern facilities. All the classrooms of the institute are well furnished with all modern facilities.
There are 11 members in the faculty. Tarun Kumar Bansal, N Chandra and R. K. Sharma are the senior faculty.
Option for Vegetarians
In 2016, a few of the IHMCTANs (Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Jaipur) started giving students the option to choose only vegetarian cooking. This decision to offer a vegetarian option by IHMCTANs may be the first amongst any of the hospitality training institutes of the world. It is expected that all IHMCTANs, including IHMCTAN Lucknow, will start offering a vegetarian cooking option from academic year 2018 onwards .
- "INFRASTRUCTURE". Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "FACULTY INFORMATION". Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Article.aspx?eid=31808&articlexml=IHMs-to-offer-3-yr-course-in-vegetarian-11072016013026. Retrieved 30 August 2016. Missing or empty
- http://www.cityofjaipur.com/news/2016/07/13/vegetarian-cooking-courses-to-be-introduced-in-hotel-management-institutes/. Retrieved 30 August 2016. Missing or empty