Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
|Motto||Grooming Leadership through Innovation, Execution and Social Responsibility|
|Type||Unaided - Private Business School|
|Dean||Dr. P. K. Biswas (Research), Dr. Rajnandan Patnaik (Academics)|
|Director||Prof. Sanjay K. Singh|
Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad abbreviated as IMT G, is a private business school with its main campus at Ghaziabad in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is consistently ranked among India's Top 20 business schools and Top 10 private business schools.
The Dr. K. Nath Public Trust was created by Shri Mahendra Nath with the goal of creating and supporting trade schools and institutes of higher education. The trust's initiatives include running libraries and helping impoverished students undertake higher education at several institutes, including the Indian Institute of Technology and the Indian Institute of Management. The trust helped establish IMT with financial assistance from the Lajpat Rai Educational Society in 1980 with the IMT awarded AICTE approval in 1983.
IMT Ghaziabad is the oldest campus which was established in 1980.
Established in 1980, the Ghaziabad campus is a 14.7-acre (5.9 ha) residential campus and the center IMT. One of the Institute’s most distinctive characteristics is its closely knit and integrated residential community. Library and Computer Labs are open 24X7, to provide the best study support. IMT has a vibrant campus life with a wide range of opportunities to fill the time. The Institute has an impressive and pollution-free campus with panoramic green surroundings, elegant landscaping and beautiful flower-beds. It even has a total of 25 student driven clubs and committees, which are responsible for ensuring a smooth functioning of the college and many other students-related activities.
Campus' "Centres of Excellence" include the Centre for Global Supply Chain Management. It offers all IMT programmes.
IMT Ghaziabad has two academic blocks to provide learning space, one two-storey and one five-storey based on Italian architecture . It comprises lecture theaters, faculty rooms, computer lab, break rooms and a conference room. All lecture theaters are air-conditioned.
The campus hosts 10 student-housing blocks and a separate block housing Management Development Program participants. Hostels provide both single and double occupancy. IMT Ghaziabad also has an auxiliary campus on Meerut Road. This campus houses the Centre for Distance Learning, boys hostel buildings, mess hall, lawn tennis court and a canteen. Hostel buildings on this campus house most of the first year male PGDM course students. It is at a distance of roughly 2 km from the main IMT Ghaziabad campus.
|Business/Management – India|
|Business Today (2019)||12|
|Outlook India (2020)||15|
IMT was ranked #7 among the best Indian B-Schools by Economic Times in 2018, 37 amongst management schools in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2020, 12 by Business Today's "India's best B-schools 2019" and 15 in India by Outlook India's "Top 150 Private MBA Institutions" of 2020.
The institute focuses greatly on academics but does not restrict itself to traditional classroom coaching, rather the institute greatly values experiential learning as an integral part of the curriculum. Several courses like Outbound Leadership Lab, Design Thinking, Critical Thinking , Negotiation skills, cross functional simulation etc are offered so that the students can inculcate the key managerial skills to perform their daily activities. The institute as its name suggests always try to focus on imparting management skills by leveraging the advanced technologies. Hence in each term there is a dedicated course which helps in introducing the students to some of the latest technological trends which are dominating the global market.
IMT G has a three-step admission procedure. The top percentiles in CAT/XAT/GMAT are called in for a group discussion/activity in major cities. Potential enrollees are evaluated on their profiles. The discussion/activity is followed by a personal interview with two faculty members. The students having the maximum combined score are then given a final call. Rights of admission are reserved to the administration.
IMT has 70+ core faculty. IMT adds visiting faculty numbering around 35 from industry and other academic institutions.
This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability policy. (March 2018)
Alumni of the university include:
- Sachin Pilot, Former Deputy Chief Minister of Rajasthan, former Minister of State in the Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Nimmagadda Prasad, chairman, MAA TV; vice chairman & founder, Matrix Laboratories
- Prasoon Joshi, eminent advertising personality and regional creative director, APAC, McCann Erickson
- Pranava Prakash, Noted Sociopop Artist
- Mini Mathur, Indian Host/Actress/Model
- Rajeev Karwal, Founder Milagrow
- Prachi Tehlan, Actor/former National sportswoman
- Rudratej Singh, Ex-President and CEO, BMW India (d 2020)
- Naaz Joshi, India's first transgender international beauty queen, a trans rights activist and a motivational speaker
- Nitin Tyagi, Indian politician and member of the Sixth Legislative Assembly of Delhi in India
- Nitya Prakash, Bestselling Author
- "IMT Ghaziabad news in IndiaToday.in". 27 March 2014.
- "Business India Rankings" (PDF). 22 January 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 October 2010.
- "Career 360 Rankings". 22 January 2011. Archived from the original on 23 November 2012. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Programmes". 27 March 2014. Archived from the original on 31 October 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Founder Chairman". imt.edu. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Mandatory Disclosure" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 June 2014. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Academic Block". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT CDL". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Housing". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "India's best B-schools 2019: Overall Ranking 2019". Business Today. 3 November 2019.
- "Outlook-ICARE MBA Rankings: Top 150 Private MBA Institutions Outlook India Magazine". Retrieved 22 January 2020.
- "ET Business school ranking: The Top 50". The Economic Times. 18 April 2011. Retrieved 16 September 2019.
- "Admission Criterion". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Faculty Profiles - IMT Ghaziabad". IMT Ghaziabad. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "Ashok Gehlot sworn in as Rajasthan chief minister, Sachin Pilot as deputy CM - Times of India ►". The Times of India. Retrieved 29 December 2018.
- "Sachin Pilot appointed Rajasthan Congress chief - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 May 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad.|