Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
|Motto||Grooming Leadership through Innovation, Execution and Social Responsibility|
|Type||Unaided - Private Business School|
|Location||Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad abbreviated as IMT, is a business school with its main campus at Ghaziabad in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is consistently ranked as one of India's best business schools.
The Dr. K. Nath Public Trust was created by Shri Mahendra Nath with the goal of creating and supporting trade schools and institutes of higher education. The trust's initiatives include running libraries and helping impoverished students undertake higher education at several institutes, including the Indian Institute of Technology and the Indian Institute of Management. The trust helped establish IMT with financial assistance from the Lajpat Rai Educational Society in 1980 with the IMT awarded AICTE approval in 1983.
Established in 1980, the Ghaziabad campus is a 14.7-acre (5.9 ha) residential campus and the center IMT.
Campus' "Centres of Excellence" include the Centre for Global Supply Chain Management. It offers all IMT programmes.
IMT Ghaziabad has two academic blocks to provide learning space, one two-storey and one five-storey. It comprises lecture theaters, faculty rooms, computer lab, break rooms and a conference room. All lecture theaters are air-conditioned.
The campus hosts 10 student-housing blocks and a separate block housing Management Development Program participants. Hostels provide both single and double occupancy. IMT Ghaziabad also has an auxiliary campus on Meerut Road. This campus houses the Centre for Distance Learning, boys hostel buildings and mess hall. Hostel buildings on this campus house most of the first year PGDM course students.
|Business/Management – India|
|Business Today (2016)||23|
|Outlook India (2016)||17|
IMT was ranked #31 amongst management schools in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2018, 23 by Business Today's "India's best B-schools 2016" and 17 in India by Outlook India's "Top 100 Management Schools" of 2016.
IMT G has a three-step admission procedure. The top 10 percentiles in CAT/XAT/GMAT are called in for a group discussion in major cities. Potential enrollees are evaluated on their profiles. The discussion is followed by a personal interview with two faculty members and an alumnus. The students having the maximum combined score are then given a final call. Rights of admission are reserved to the administration.
IMT has 70+ core faculty. IMT adds visiting faculty numbering around 35 from industry and other academic institutions.
Alumni of the university include:
- Sachin Pilot, former Minister of State in the Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Nimmagadda Prasad, chairman, MAA TV; vice chairman & founder, Matrix Laboratories
- Prasoon Joshi, eminent advertising personality and regional creative director, APAC, McCann Erickson
- Pranava Prakash, Noted Sociopop Artist
- Mini Mathur, Indian Host/Actress/Model
- Rajeev Karwal, Founder Milagrow
- Prachi Tehlan, Actor/former National sportswoman
- Rahul Subramaniam, StandUp Guy
- "IMT Ghaziabad news in IndiaToday.in". 27 March 2014.
- "Business India Rankings" (PDF). 22 January 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 October 2010.
- "Career 360 Rankings". 22 January 2011.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Programmes". 27 March 2014.
- "Founder Chairman". imt.edu. Retrieved 16 April 2012.
- "Mandatory Disclosure" (PDF). Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Academic Block". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT CDL". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "IMT Ghaziabad Housing". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "India's best B-schools 2016: Full List". Business Today. 4 December 2016. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Fits And Start-Ups: The A+ Schools". Outlook India. 3 October 2016.
- "Admission Criterion". Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Faculty Profiles - IMT Ghaziabad". IMT Ghaziabad. Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- "Sachin Pilot appointed Rajasthan Congress chief - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-05-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad.|