Institute of Marine Sciences and Fisheries
Institute of Marine Sciences and Fisheries (IMSF) is an institute of Chittagong University in Bangladesh. It was originally established as the Department of Marine Biology and Oceanography in 1971 and under the Canadian Technical Assistance Program, later included in the development scheme of the University under the Fourth Five-year Plan of Bangladesh. In 1983, it was turned into the Institute of Marine Sciences. It trains people in marine science and its related disciplines, researches on marine, brackish and related environments and their resources, provides assistance to the government on maritime issues, publishes books and journals on marine science, and disseminates technology on marine science to the stakeholders.
In 1996, the M.Sc. in Marine Science degree program at the Institute has been diversified by introducing six specializations, namely, Fisheries, Aquaculture, Oceanography, Fish Nutrition & Feed Technology, Post-harvest Technology, and Marine Pollution. In 2011, the Institute launched the country’s first B.Sc. (Honours) in Oceanography degree program, and in 2012, B.Sc. in Fisheries (Honours) program.
- Institute of Marine Sciences and Fisheries official website
- Institute of Marine Sciences & Fisheries - Facebook Fan Page
- Institute Profile: Institute of Marine Sciences and Fisheries, CU, Bangladesh.BdFISH
- Ocean Expert
- List of oceanographic institutions
- Fan Page
- Bangladesh Marine Sciences Association
- Center for Oceanic & Environmental Health Research ,Bangladesh
- Oceanographic Society, Bangladesh
|This article about education in Bangladesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|