Institute of Practitioners in Advertising
|Purpose||Advertising media and marketing communications agencies in the United Kingdom|
|c. 300 agencies|
The Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA) is the trade body and professional institute for agencies in the UK's advertising, media and marketing communications industry. Covering the creative, digital marketing, direct marketing, healthcare, media, out-of-home advertising, sales promotion and sponsorship sectors. It currently has around 300 agency members.
The role of the IPA is to promote the value of media, marketing and advertising agencies. It is a spokesman for the industry. It also runs a number of programmes to define, help and maintain the highest possible standards of professional practice. This includes award schemes such as the IPA Effectiveness Awards, best practice guidelines, and surveys including the quarterly IPA Bellwether Report (compiled by Markit Economics), and annual IPA Agency Census. Its members have access to over 100 training courses, a variety of online and offline qualifications programmes and a full range of advisory services.
Founded in 1917, its members account for over 85 per cent of the media spend in the UK. All IPA members actively participate in the IPA's programme of continuing professional development.
In 2015, Tom Knox, chairman of DLKW LOWE was elected as its president with a 'Here for Good' agenda to deliver a new industry code of conduct. Previous presidents include the executive creative Director of OgilvyOne and vice-chairman of Ogilvy Group UK, Rory Sutherland.
- "Institute of Practitioners in Advertising". Partners. WARC. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "IPA: About". IPA. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "IPA Effectiveness". IPA. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "IPA Bellwether Report". IPA. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- Reynolds, John (11 July 2013). "UK marketing spend rising as optimism grows, finds IPA Bellwether report". Guardian. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "IPA Agency Census". IPA. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "Advertising Association members". Members. Advertising Association. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- Creative Industries Council
- IPA profile of Rory Sutherland
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This marketing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|