Roomi S. Hayat
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Roomi Saeed Hayat|
Roomi Saeed Hayat at IRM head office in Islamabad
|Education||Bachelor of Engineering, Master of Science|
Roomi Saeed Hayat is a social entrepreneur and chief executive officer of the Institute of Rural Management. Hayat is also the founding chairperson of the Human Resource Development Network. For the last 20 years, he has been associated with the field of capacity development on institutional and rural development, and employable skills for youth.
Hayat was born to a Pathan family in Kohat, Pakistan. He attended St Mary's High School and then Pakistan Air Force Degree College, Peshawar. He completed his Bachelors in Engineering at Peshawar University and then joined the Pakistan Army for three years. Hayat later studied for a Master's Degree in robotics from the New Jersey Institute of Technology.[better source needed]
After leaving the army, Hayat became joint director of training and research of the Small Industries Development Board of the Government of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa. He joined the National Rural Support Programme in 1992.
Institute of Rural Management
He set up a one-room human resource development organisation, which later became the Institute of Rural Management (IRM), and initiated vocational and technical training. In 2010, IRM was registered as a separate legal entity and underwent several strategic transformations. Hayat was appointed the first chief executive officer of the IRM. Under his leadership, IRM evolved into a substantial training institute, having trained more than 1 million people with an annual turnout of over 50,000 trainees.
Human Resource Development Network
In 1997, Hayat along with other like minded professionals co-founded the Human Resource Development Network. The network was intended to bridge the gap between development professionals and organisations. Hayat serves as the chairperson of the HRDN.
- Roomi Hayat speaking about the Role of HRDN, Press Coverage in Dawn News, 8 September 2007
- Profile: Training to Win, Interview of Roomi Hayat in Dawn News, 15 January 2012
- Quality Conscious Training Institutes, views of Roomi Hayat published in NGORC Journal 2003
- ESCAP HRD course on Poverty Alleviation- based on Hayat's publications
- IRM Registration with SECP Archived 14 July 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan Grants Registration license to the NPOs
- "IRM imparts training to one million people". The News International, Pakistan. 1 February 2012. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- ":- Welcome to VTEC -:". vtec.edu.pk. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "Founding Members". hrdn.net. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- “Civil society organizations key to improvement”, Roomi Hayat speaking on International conference on Human Security and Social Development, Daily Times, 26 November 2006[dead link]
- 7th Annual Trainers Retreat Archived 17 May 2014 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Chainman's Message". hrdn.net. Retrieved 4 February 2015.