Institute under State Legislature Act
Institute under State Legislature Act is an Institution established or incorporated by a State Legislature Act, in India. Although such institutes do not come under the higher education department of the state and run and funded by any another department, they enjoy academic status and privileges like state universities. At present, there are 5 categories of University/University-level Institutions in India including Institute under State Legislature Act. Other types of university or university-level institutions in India include Central university, State university, Private university, Deemed university and Institution of National Importance.
University Grants Commission (UGC) Act
Under the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, “University” means a University established or incorporated by or under a Central Act, a Provincial Act or a State Act, and includes any such institution as may, in consultation with the University concerned, be recognized by the Commission in accordance with the regulations made in this behalf under this Act.
List of Institutes under State Legislature Act
There are 5 Institutes under State Legislature Act in India:
|Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences||Hyderabad||Telangana||1980|||
|Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences||Srinagar||Jammu and Kashmir||1983|||
|Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences||Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh||1987|||
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences||Patna||Bihar||1992|||
|Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences||Tirupati||Andhra Pradesh||1993|||
- "Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences". www.nims.edu.in. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- "Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences". skims.ac.in. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- "Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences". www.sgpgi.ac.in. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- "Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences". www.igims.org. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- "Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences". www.svimstpt.ap.nic.in. Retrieved 29 July 2016.