Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh
|ইঞ্জিনিয়ার্স ইনস্টিটিউশন, বাংলাদেশ (আইইবি)|
|Motto||উন্নত জগৎ গঠন করুন|
Build Better World
|Md. Abdus Sabur, FIEB|
Honorary General Secretary
|Khandker Manjur Morshed, FIEB|
The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh is the national professional organization of engineers in the People's Republic of Bangladesh. It is registered under the Societies Registration Act (1860) of the country. Within the country, it has 18 Centres and 31 Sub-Centres. It has 10 Overseas Chapters in Qatar, Thailand, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, Singapore, United States and Australia.
After the Bangladesh Liberation War of 1971, the Institute of Engineers, Pakistan was renamed as The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh, which was founded in 1948, after the end of the British Rule in India; with its headquarters at Dhaka in Bangladesh. Around the 1947, a number of senior engineers took initiative to establish a professional forum of Engineers.
The Institute of Engineers and got its foundation stone laid on 7 May 1948 at Dhaka.
IEB has 4 divisions. They are-
- Civil Engineering Division
- Mechanical Engineering Division
- Electrical Engineering Division
- Chemical Engineering Division
Every professional engineer of Bangladesh is invited to join the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh IEB. It has 41,545 members at the present moment, representing the national engineering community.
IEB membership has three categories - Fellowship, Membership and Associate Membership. These categories are based on the experience of the member in the engineering field.
Members of all three categories are entitled to use the title "Engr." before their names.
- "Overseas Chapters". The Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- "Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh - Banglapedia". en.banglapedia.org. Retrieved 2017-04-27.
- "IEB: The Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh". The Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh. Retrieved 15 October 2018.