Insurance Information Institute
|Legal status||Nonprofit organization (since 1989)|
|Purpose||To improve public understanding of insurance|
President and Chief Executive Officer
The Insurance Information Institute ("I.I.I.") is a U.S. industry association which exists "to improve public understanding of insurance – what it does and how it works." Founded in 1959, the organization is based in New York City. Since 1989 the I.I.I. has held 501(c)(6) tax-exempt status (defined as business leagues, chambers of commerce, boards of trade, and the like).
The I.I.I. web site provides information for consumers, the media, researchers and the general public on a wide range of topics, including automobile insurance, homeowner's insurance, life insurance, annuities, health insurance, long-term care insurance and disability insurance. The Web site also contains papers, presentations and factsheets that focus on financial results, disasters, climate change, and other key issues the insurance industry faces. In addition, a number of publications can be purchased via the I.I.I. store, including the Insurance Fact Book, the Financial Services Fact Book, Insuring Your Business, the Insurance Handbook and a wide variety of brochures, including "12 Ways to Lower Your Homeowners Insurance Costs".
The institute's current president and chief executive officer, Sean Kevelighan, assumed the post in August 2016. Kevelighan succeeded Robert Hartwig, who had led I.I.I. since 2007; Hartwig left in order to become a faculty member in the University of South Carolina’s Darla Moore School of Business, and director of the school's Risk and Uncertainty Management Center.
- "Insurance Information Institute Inc." (Nonprofit Explorer profile). ProPublica. propublica.org. Retrieved 2017-10-21.
- "About Us". Insurance Information Institute. iii.org. Retrieved 2017-10-21.
- "Company Overview of Insurance Information Institute, Inc.". Bloomberg. Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2017-10-21.
- "I.I.I. Launches New Online Bookstore" (press release). Insurance Information Institute. iii.org. February 20, 2008. Retrieved 2017-10-21.
- "Sean Kevelighan" (executive profile). Bloomberg. Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2017-10-21.
- Donlon, Rosalie L. (July 13, 2016). "Insurance Information Institute names Sean Kevelighan president and CEO". Property Casualty 360 °. propertycasualty.com. Retrieved 2017-10-21.
|This article about a business, industry, or trade-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|