Insurance Institute of India
The Insurance Institute of India is the sole national apex body for Insurance Underwriters established in 1955 in Mumbai. It is under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Finance, Government of India for the purpose of imparting insurance underwriting education to persons engaged or interested in insurance underwriting. The institute conducts examinations at various levels. It is the professional institute in India devoted solely to insurance-underwriting education.
Certificates and Diplomas are awarded by the institute to successful candidates. These are recognised by the Government of India, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) and insurers in India and abroad. These qualifications are recognised by similar institutes in the UK, Canada and the United States, for grant of exemption from some of their papers. The Sri Lanka Insurance Institute and the Royal Insurance Corporation of Bhutan are also affiliated to the institute. The institute also invites notable professionals from the industry to deliver guest lectures such as Mr. Ankur Mehta, Executive Vice President at Marsh India. Moreover; the Fellows and Associates of the Chartered Insurance Institute, Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, and Institute of Actuaries of India can apply for Licenciate/Associateship/ Fellowship of the Insurance Institute of India.
- Licenciate, Associate, Fellowship.(Insurance Underwriter)
- Certificate in insurance salesmanship (CIS)
- "History". Insurance Institute of India. Retrieved 23 July 2016.
- Examination handbook – Insurance Institute of India
- Insurance Institute of India Official website of Insurance Institute of India.
- Insurance Institute of India More information on Insurance Institute of India.