From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up intaglio in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Intaglio are techniques in art in which an image is created by cutting, carving or engraving into a flat surface and may also refer to objects made using these techniques:
- Intaglio (printmaking), a group of printmaking techniques with an incised image
- Intaglio (jewellery), or engraved gem, similar techniques in jewelry
- Intaglio (sculpture), also known as counter-relief, distinct from relief
- Intaglio (burial mound), a similar technique for decorating burial mounds with geoglyphs
- Blythe Intaglios, large Native American designs on the ground in California
- In furniture: veneering a light-colored wood over a dark, and carving through to create a color contrast. Related to inlay
- The interior surface of dentures
Intaglio may also refer to:
- Intaglio (Business School Summit), an annual international business school meet organized by Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
- Intaglio: A Novel in Six Stories, by Roberta Fernández
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Intaglio.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.