|Privately held company|
|Industry||Computer software |
Intego is a Mac security software company. The company was founded in 1997.
Intego currently has offices in the U.S. in Seattle, Washington and Austin, Texas, and also offices in Paris, France and Nagano, Japan. All of Intego's products are universal binaries, and are supported in several languages: English, French, Japanese, German, Spanish and Italian.
Founded by former CEO Laurent Marteau and based in Paris, France, Intego released its first antivirus product in 1997: Rival, an antivirus for Mac OS 8. Two years later in July 1999, Intego released NetBarrier, the first personal security software suite for Mac OS 8. Then in October 2000, Intego released its legacy antivirus software, VirusBarrier 1.0, for Mac OS 8 and Mac OS 9.
Intego launched The Mac Security Blog in mid-2007, a blog that covers Mac security news, Apple security updates, Mac malware alerts, as well as news and opinion pieces related to Apple products. The company launched a podcast in October 2017, called the Intego Mac Podcast.
- "The MacTech Spotlight: Laurent Marteau, Intego". mactech.com. 2010. Retrieved 26 April 2011.
- "Intego Ships NetBarrier 1.0, The First Personal Security Solution For The Mac OS". mactech.com. 1999. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Wire It Up: Product Table". macworld.com. 1999. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "The State of Mac Security in 2016". intego.com. 2016. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Mac OS 9: Some Love for the Classics!". intego.com. 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Happy Anniversary! Intego Celebrates 20 Years in Business". intego.com. 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Intego Launches New Podcast Series: Intego Mac Podcast". intego.com. 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Launch! All-New X9 Mac Antivirus and Security Bundles". intego.com. 2016. Retrieved 23 February 2018.