|Type||Privately held company|
|Industry||Computer software |
Intego is a Mac and Windows security software company founded in 1997 by Jean-Paul Florencio and Laurent Marteau.
The company creates Internet security software for macOS and Windows, including: antivirus, firewall, anti-spam, backup software and data protection software.
Intego currently has offices in the U.S. in Seattle, Washington, and Austin, Texas, and international offices in Paris, France, and Nagano, Japan. All of Intego's products are universal binaries, and are supported in several languages: English, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish, and previously Italian.
Co-founded by former CEO Laurent Marteau and Jean-Paul Florencio and based in Paris, France, Intego released its first antivirus product in 1997: Rival, an antivirus for Mac OS 8. Two years later in July 1999, Intego released NetBarrier, the first personal security software suite for Mac OS 8. Then in October 2000, Intego released its legacy antivirus software, VirusBarrier 1.0, for Mac OS 8 and Mac OS 9.
Intego launched The Mac Security Blog, a blog that covers Mac security news, Apple security updates, Mac malware alerts, as well as news and opinion pieces related to Apple products, in mid-2007. The company launched a podcast in October 2017, called the Intego Mac Podcast.
Intego released its current X9 version of antivirus and security software in June 2016, which has since had several under-the-hood updates, including compatibility with new macOS releases and Apple silicon processors.
Kape Technologies announced in July 2018 that it was acquiring Intego to "enhance [Kape's] arsenal of products in cyber protection."
Intego released a Windows version of its antivirus software in July 2020.
Intego's newest product is Intego Privacy Protection, a VPN solution for macOS and Windows that launched circa June 2021.
- Personal Backup
- Mac Washing Machine
- Intego Antivirus for Windows
- Intego Privacy Protection
- Remote Management Console
- FileGuard (retired)
- Personal Antispam (retired)
- ^ "The MacTech Spotlight: Laurent Marteau, Intego". mactech.com. 2010. Archived from the original on 18 April 2021. Retrieved 6 July 2022.
- ^ a b c "Happy Anniversary! Intego Celebrates 20 Years in Business". intego.com. 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- ^ "Intego Ships NetBarrier 1.0, The First Personal Security Solution For The Mac OS". mactech.com. 1999. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- ^ "Wire It Up: Product Table". macworld.com. 1999. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- ^ "The State of Mac Security in 2016". intego.com. 2016. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- ^ "Mac OS 9: Some Love for the Classics!". intego.com. 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- ^ "Intego Launches New Podcast Series: Intego Mac Podcast". intego.com. 2017. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- ^ "Launch! All-New X9 Mac Antivirus and Security Bundles". intego.com. 2016. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- ^ "Intego News & Press Releases- Intego". www.intego.com. Retrieved 6 July 2022.
- ^ "Sagi's Kape acquires US cybersecurity co Intego". Globes. 24 July 2018. Retrieved 14 September 2020.
- ^ "Announcing Intego Antivirus for Windows". The Mac Security Blog. 10 July 2020. Retrieved 6 July 2022.
- ^ "Is Apple's iCloud Private Relay a VPN? Not Even Close—Here's Why". The Mac Security Blog. 10 June 2021. Retrieved 6 July 2022.