Integrity Music headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colorado
|Industry||Music & entertainment|
|Founded||1987 (as Integrity Music)|
|Headquarters||Colorado Springs, Colorado|
|Parent||David C. Cook|
Integrity Music is part of the David C Cook nonprofit group. Founded as a direct-to-consumer music club in 1987 as Integrity Music, Integrity was at the forefront of contemporary worship music's widespread popularity of praise and worship music. Integrity publishes many of the top songs in the Church, including "We Believe" (Newsboys). The label has also translated albums into Spanish, Mandarin, Hindi, Indonesian, Cantonese, Russian, Dutch, French and Portuguese.[not verified in body]
Integrity Music was founded in 1987 with the purchase of the music division of Integrity Communications, owned by Charles Simpson Ministries. Simpson was a member of the Shepherding Movement and pastor of Covenant Church of Mobile.
Since 1983, the label and its predecessor has produced the popular Hosanna! Music series of praise and worship music which started with the release of Behold His Majesty, with worship Leader Ron Tucker, in 1983. By 1995 the firm was publicly traded on Nasdaq under the symbol ITGR. In 2001, Integrity started Integrity Publishers. The company changed its name in 2002 to Integrity Media to better reflect its move into other markets. Also in 2002, the firm purchased the Nashville-based record label INO Records. This added to their artist roster, which already included Don Moen, Hillsong Music, Paul Baloche, and Israel and New Breed. The label also released the soundtrack to the film The Passion of the Christ and the Time-Life-advertised Songs 4 Worship collections. In 2004, co-founder and chairman Michael Coleman took Integrity private.
- Fiero, John W. (2006). "Integrity Inc. | Encyclopedia.com". Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- "Leadership". CSM. Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- "Integrity and HOSANNA! MUSIC: The REVIVAL WORSHIP Label – John Boruff | WESLEYGOSPEL.COM". Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- Integrity Music Reports Second Quarter Financial Results in Line with Revised Expectations. PR Newswire, July 21, 1995.
- 'Passion' fervor spreads to books and music. USA Today, March 3, 2004.
- Singing the Praises of Strong Sales. USA Today, October 19, 2001.
- "Costs of Sarbanes-Oxley are sending small pubcos private". Birmingham Business Journal. Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- Provident expands relationship with Integrity Music. Nashville Business Journal, September 22, 2004.
- "Thomas Nelson Acquires Integrity Book Publishing". Authorlink. Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- David C Cook Acquires Integrity Music. David C Cook, June 2011.
- "Integrity Media Sells Integrity Music To David C Cook". All Access. Retrieved October 13, 2018.