|Manufacturer||Intel via Gigabyte|
|Compatible networks||GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS/HSPA 850/900/1900/2100|
|First released||April 22, 2012
June 6, 2012 (United Kingdom)
August 23, 2012 (Russia)
|Dimensions||123 mm (4.8 in) H
63 mm (2.5 in) W
10 mm (0.39 in) D
|Weight||117 g (4.1 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 4.0.4 Ice-Cream Sandwich (previously 2.3 Gingerbread)|
|CPU||Intel Atom 1.6 Ghz Z2460 with HyperThreading|
|GPU||PowerVR SGX 540 @ 400 MHz|
|Memory||1 GB RAM|
|Removable storage||16 GB internal, memory card not supported|
|Data inputs||On-screen QWERTY keyboard|
|Display||4.03 in (102 mm) capacitative touchscreen, 1024 × 600, 16,777,216 colour TFT|
|Rear camera||8.0 megapixels with 1080p video recording and 8x digital zoom|
|Front camera||1.3 megapixels with 720p video recording|
|Connectivity||micro-USB, HDMI 2.0, 3.5mm Audio Jack, Bluetooth 2.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, aGPS, GLONASS, NFC, DLNA, USB On-The-Go|
The Intel AZ210, also marketed as XOLO X900 (Intel AZ510) in India, Orange San Diego in the United Kingdom and Megafon Mint in Russia, is a phone manufactured by Taiwanese OEM Gigabyte for Intel.
Launch and availability
The device was first launched in India as the XOLO X900 (Intel AZ510) on 22 April 2012 priced at Rs. 25,000. as of May 2012. Shortly after, the device launched in the United Kingdom & France on June 6, 2012 as the Orange San Diego (Intel AZ210), running on the Orange network with the Russian variation following on August 22, 2012 which is known as the Megafon Mint..
The device uses an Intel Atom SoC Atom Z2460 (codename Medfield), which contains a single-core Intel Atom CPU with HyperThreading running at 1.6 GHz. The device has 1 GB of dedicated RAM, 16 GB of internal storage and a 4.03 inch display with a resolution of WSVGA (1024x600) supporting 16 Million colors covered by Gorilla Glass.
The device features stereo speakers of 0.3 Watt output each and dual microphones with an 'Ambient Noise Cancellation' feature.
On the back of the device is an 8 MP camera with single LED-flash featuring auto focus and touch focus. A dedicated camera key is provided for easy access. The camera supports up to 8x of digital zoom. It can record videos in full HD 1080p, while the front camera (for video call or video chat) can record videos in HD 720p. The phone supports a burst mode of capturing up to 10 (15 FPS) images per second. Also, it supports Auto, Sports, Portrait, Landscape, Night, Night Portrait, Fireworks, Text modes.
Intel AZ210 comes loaded with Android Video Player plus doubleTwist. The system supports MPEG4, 3GPP, WMC, H.264, VP8 video codecs and MP3, MIDI, WAV, 3GPP audio codecs natively. It has the capability to play the videos full HD 1080p resolutions at 30 fps.
Intel AZ210 supports a number of connectivity features. It has a micro-USB port which runs at USB 2.0 speed for PC connectivity. Bluetooth ver. 2.1. It supports Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n. It also features near field communication (NFC). The phone supports Wi-Fi tethering. A micro-HDMI port is provided to connect the device to a supported HDTV. A 3.5 mm audio jack is provided to connect the headset.
Android operating system
The Intel AZ210 originally shipped with Android 2.3.7 (Gingerbread) which was updated to Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich via OTA. The Russian version is customised for the intended market and uses SPB Shell 3D launcher and Megafon carrier specific apps.
Third party support
Various mods and tweaks have been created by the Android community at Modaco to improve performance of the device and enable features such as the hidden microSD slot.
- McCann, John (17 June 2012). "Orange San Diego review". techradar.com. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- "Orange to Exclusively Launch The 'San Diego' – powered by Intel® Technology". newsroom. orange.co.uk. 31 May 2012. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- "Первыми обладателями смартфона на базе технологий Intel® стали прославленные российские спортсмены". corp. megafon.ru. 23 August 2012. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Russian carrier MegaFon launches the Mint, an Intel-powered Android smartphone for $565". unwiredview.com. 23 August 2012. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "XOLO X900, First Smartphone with Intel Inside Launches in India Market". xolo.in. 19 April 2012. Archived from the original on 29 October 2012. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- Smith, Mat (31 May 2012). "Orange San Diego revealed: Intel-powered phone to reach UK on June 6th for £200". engadget.com. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- "XOLO 900 ICS Upgrade Instructions". xolo.in. 7 October 2012. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Modaco San Diego community". modaco. 26 February 2013. Retrieved 26 February 2013.