Intel Parallel Studio
2019 Update 4 / 22 July 2019
|Operating system||Windows, macOS and Linux|
|Platform||IA-32 and x64|
|Type||Software development kit|
Intel Parallel Studio XE is a software development product developed by Intel that facilitates native code development on Windows, macOS and Linux in C++ and Fortran for parallel computing. Parallel programming enables software programs to take advantage of multi-core processors from Intel and other processor vendors.
Parallel Studio is composed of several component parts, each of which is a collection of capabilities.
- Intel C++ Compiler with OpenMP
- Intel Fortran Compiler with OpenMP
- IDE plug-in integration with Visual Studio, Eclipse and Xcode
- Debugging via Visual Studio Debugger extensions, GNU Debugger extensions
- Integrated Performance Primitives (IPP)
- Math Kernel Library (MKL)
- Threading Building Blocks (TBB)
- Data Analytics Acceleration Library (DAAL)
- Intel Advisor - specialized performance profiler to optimize vectorization and a thread prototyping system for adding / improving threading.
- Intel VTune Amplifier (formerly VTune Performance Analyzer) is a performance profiler that analyzes hotspots, concurrency, locks-and-waits, memory access, and storage.
- Intel Inspector improves reliability by identifying memory errors and threading errors.
- Intel MPI Library – a multi-fabric message passing library that implements the Message Passing Interface specification across Intel platforms
- Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector - a graphical tool for understanding MPI application behavior, finding bottlenecks and errors in parallel cluster applications based on Intel architecture
- Intel Cluster Checker – Prepackaged checks to diagnose cluster health, functionality and performance. They are accessible via API to embed capabilities into applications.
- Intel Distribution for Python – a Python distribution using Intel Performance libraries to boost performance of NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, Pandas (software) and other packages.
Intel announced Parallel Studio during their Intel Developer Forum in August 2008 along with a web site to sign up for their open beta program. On 26 May 2009, Intel announced that it had released the product to market. Intel and Microsoft worked together to make their products compatible by adopting a common runtime called the Microsoft Concurrency Runtime, which is part of Visual Studio 2010.
Intel released Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 on September 6, 2016.
Intel released Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018 on September 12, 2017 
Intel released Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019 on September 12, 2018 
- "Intel Parallel Studio XE Release Notes and New Features". Intel Software.
- Home | Intel® Parallel Studio XE | Intel® Software
- "No Cost Options for Intel Parallel Studio XE, Support yourself, Royalty-Free".
- Intel. "Intel Announcement of Parallel Studio project" (PDF).
- Intel. "Intel Parallel Studio FAQ" (PDF).
- Intel. "Intel Announcement of Parallel Studio release". Retrieved 2009-05-26.
- David Worthington. "Intel addresses development life cycle with Parallel Studio". Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Intel Releases Parallel Studio 1.0". Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- John E. West. "Intel Ships Parallel Studio Development Toolkit". Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- David Worthington. "SD Times: Intel, Microsoft converge on parallel computing". Retrieved 2008-08-20.
- "Intel Flexes Parallel Programming Muscles" Archived 2010-09-06 at the Wayback Machine, HPCwire (2010-09-02). Retrieved on 2010-09-14.
- "Parallel Studio 2011: Now We Know What Happened to Ct, Cilk++, and RapidMind", Dr. Dobb's Journal (2010-09-02). Retrieved on 2010-09-14.
- "Intel announces two software development suites", Inquirer (2012-09-05). Retrieved on 2012-09-05.
- "Parallel Studio XE 2013 is here", Intel (2012-09-05). Retrieved on 2012-09-05..
- "Intel Parallel Studio 2015 updates compilers, tool chain". SD Times. 2014-08-26. Retrieved 2014-09-06.
- "Intel Enhances Parallel Programming Tools with Explicit Vectorization Programming". HardOCP. 2014-08-27. Retrieved 2014-09-06.
- "Intel updates Parallel Studio XE". SD Times. 2015-08-26. Retrieved 2015-08-26.
- "Intel Leverages HPC Core for Analytics Tooling Push". The Platform. 2015-08-25. Retrieved 2015-08-26.
- "Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 has been released!". software.intel.com. Retrieved 2016-09-07.
- "Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2018 has been released!". software.intel.com. Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- "Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2019 release notes". software.intel.com. Retrieved 2018-09-13.