Intellectual Property (film)
|Directed by||Nicholas Peterson|
|Produced by||Nicholas Peterson
|Written by||Nicholas Peterson
|Music by||Jasper Randall|
|Edited by||Nicholas Peterson
Peter Devaney Flanagan
|This section requires expansion. (May 2010)|
An eccentric genius is forced to confront the consequences of his own madness in this independent drama.
Intellectual Property was shot entirely on (or just outside) one sound stage at Santa Clarita Studios in California. Unusually for a low budget independent film, all scenes were shot on specially constructed sets. This was made possible by recycling sets left over from previous productions at the studio.
The film was photographed on Fuji Eterna 500 stock, using an ARRI SR III Super 16mm film camera with Elite Prime lenses. Editing was achieved using the Apple Final Cut Pro system. Digital Intermediate facilities were provided by iO films in Hollywood, who scanned the Super 16mm negative, color corrected the images and transferred them via the Arrilaser to a Kodak 35mm intermediate stock. Prints were made by the Fotokem laboratory.. The film was later released under the name Dark Mind.
- Best Cinematography, Australian International Film Festival
- Best Film, Oxford International Film Festival
- Best Director, Oxford International Film Festival
- Best Actor, Christopher Masterson, Oxford International Film Festival
- Grand Jury Prize, Best Film, DC Independent Film Festival
- 2007 Oxford International Film Festival Awards from OxfordFilms.com