Intellectual Property Office of Singapore
New Logo of The IPOS
|Jurisdiction||Government of Singapore|
|Headquarters||51 Bras Basah Road, #01-01 Manulife Centre, Singapore 189554|
|Parent agency||Ministry of Law|
The Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) is a statutory board under the Singapore Ministry of Law of the Singapore Government. IPOS advises on and administers intellectual property (IP) laws, promotes IP awareness and provides the infrastructure to facilitate the development of IP in Singapore.
IPOS has been appointed an International Searching Authority (ISA) and International Preliminary Examining Authority (IPEA) for patent applications filed in accordance with the Patent Co-operation Treaty since 9 October 2015.
Singapore is a member of the following international conventions:
- Paris Convention
- Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works
- Madrid Protocol
- Nice Agreement
- Patent Cooperation Treaty
- Budapest Treaty
- WIPO Copyright Treaty
- WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty
- International Convention for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants otherwise known as the "UPOV Convention"
- The Geneva Act (1999) of the Hague Agreement concerning the International Registration of Industrial Design
- Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- "Intellectual Property Office of Singapore". Retrieved 13 September 2015.
- "Intellectual Property Office of Singapore". Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "New IPOS appointments clear path for access to international patent systems". Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- IPOS web site, About Us. Consulted on 23 December 2009.[dead link]