From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
City of license Japan Tokyo
Broadcast area Greater Tokyo
Branding InterFM
Slogan The Real Music Station
Frequency 76.1 MHz/89.7 MHz (Tokyo Tower)
Translator(s) 76.5 MHz (Yokohama)
First air date April 1, 1996 (1996-04-01)
Format International pop music, information
Language(s) Japanese (mostly), English (mostly), Mandarin Chinese, Korean, Tagalog, Indonesian, Spanish, Thai, Portuguese, and French
Power 10,000 watts (Tokyo)
300 watts (Yokohama)
Former frequencies 76.1 MHz (April 1996-October 2015)
Affiliations MegaNet
Owner InterFM Inc.
(joint venture of Kinoshita Management Inc. and TV Tokyo Corporation)

InterFM (JODW-FM 76.1 MHz/89.7 MHz Tokyo, 76.5 MHz Yokohama) is a commercial radio station on the Frequency Modulation (FM), transmitting in the Greater Tokyo area (include Narita International Airport), owned and operated by InterFM Inc. (株式会社InterFM?), jointly owned by Kinoshita Management Inc. and the Japanese television network TV Tokyo.

It is the key station of MegaNet.

InterFM started broadcasting from its new frequency of 89.7 MHz on June 26, 2015 with its first official broadcast started on June 30 the same year at 6:00 pm. InterFM will continue to broadcast from its old frequency until October 31, 2015.


InterFM's slogan is The Real Music Station since April 2013. Its previous slogan was "Tokyo's No.1 Music Station".

The station uses English as its main language besides Japanese, with the Public Service Announcement segments aired in Mandarin Chinese, Korean, Tagalog, Indonesian, Spanish, Thai, Portuguese, and French to better serve the International community in the Tokyo Metropolitan area and its vicinity, not to mention news and other information bits in Japanese that the locals will find convenient.

70% of its airtime is dedicated to the music manufactured and played Worldwide whilst, the remaining 30% goes to Japanese pop and rock music selected in large part by a committee.

InterFM broadcast style mirrors American FM radio style and is consistent with stations in networks such as Clear Channel in the United States.

Rebroadcasters of JODW-FM
City of license Identifier Frequency Power
Yokohama N/A 76.5 MHz 300 watts


See also[edit]

External links[edit]