|Public (NASDAQ: ININ)|
|Founder||Dr. Donald E. Brown|
|Headquarters||Indianapolis, Indiana, USA|
|Revenue||US$341.3 million (2014)|
Number of employees
|Approx. 1,800 (2014)|
Interactive Intelligence, Inc. is a software company providing unified business communications solutions for call centers, enterprise IP telephony, and business process automation. The company was founded in 1994 by Dr. Donald Brown and is based in Indianapolis, Indiana.
It is strategic partners with other telecommunications companies, such as HP, IBM, Microsoft, Polycom and Salesforce.com. Interactive Intelligence competes directly with companies such as Avaya, Cisco, Aspect, and Alcatel-Lucent/Genesys. The company specializes in the verticals of financial services, outsourced and teleservices, insurance, and accounts receivables management.
In 2009, Interactive Intelligence acquired AcroSoft Corp., a provider of insurance content management solutions, located in Columbia, South Carolina. In 2010, it purchased Latitude Software, a debt collection software and services provider located in Jacksonville, Florida. In 2011, Interactive acquired Agori Communications, a reseller of the Interactive Intelligence multichannel contact center solutions located in Frankfurt, Germany and CallTime, a Sydney, Australia based exclusive reseller of the vendor's software suite since 1998. On August 1, 2012, Interactive Intelligence acquired Bay Bridge Decision Technologies, a developer of capacity planning and strategic analysis technology, in an all-cash transaction.
Awards and honors
Company awards include 12 consecutive years on Software Magazine's Global Top 500 Software and Services Companies (ranked 208th in 2012), and being ranked 8th in Forbes magazine's 2011 list of "America's 100 Best Small Companies." Interactive Intelligence has also been recognized as a "market leader" by top-tier industry analyst firms such as Datamonitor, Frost & Sullivan, and Gartner.
Products and services
Its core product offering is the Interaction Center Platform, which centralizes multi-channel business interactions and business processes and serves as the foundation for the additional Interactive Intelligence products. Their solution can be delivered as either a premise or hosted (communications-as-a-service) offering. In addition to its software, Interactive Intelligence also provides add-on professional services, support, and education for its product line.
Interactive Intelligence was the first to market with an all-in-one IP communications software suite that runs on a Windows platform, fully incorporating the industry-standard, Session Initiation Protocol, integration to Microsoft OCS with synchronized presence, and an all in one communications-based process automation solution, as well as other innovations.
Interactive Intelligence Foundation
In 2010, Interactive Intelligence announced the creation of its charitable organization: the Interactive Intelligence Foundation Corp. According to its homepage, the charity is designed to raise funds and promote volunteer work to assist at-risk youth. The charity hosts an annual Gala and silent auction as part of its fundraising activities. Interactive also encourages employees to volunteer during office hours at local charities, such as the local Julianne Center women’s shelter.
- "About Interactive Intelligence". Inin.com. Retrieved 2015-01-09.
- "Corporate & Product Fact Sheet" (PDF). Inin.com. Retrieved 2015-01-09.
- "Interactive Intelligence Acquires AcroSoft Corporation". Acrosoft.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Interactive Intelligence Collects Latitude Software for $14 Million". Detinationcrm.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Interactive Intelligence buys German firm". Ibj.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Interactive Intelligence Acquires CallTime Solutions". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Interactive Intelligence Acquires Bay Bridge Decision Technologies". Marketwatch.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Durham's OrgSpan is being acquired". NewsObserver.com. Retrieved 2014-04-17.
- "Interactive Intelligence Named among World's Top 500 Software and Service Providers". Dailyfinance.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Forbes: America's 100 Best Small Companies". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Contact Center Customers Rank Interactive Intelligence First in Unified Communications". Callcenterinfo.tmcnet.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Interactive Intelligence Receives Frost & Sullivan’s Company Of The Year, Contact Center Systems North America, 2012 Award". Thestreet.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Magic Quadrant for Contact Center Infrastructure, Worldwide". Gartner.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Analyst Recognition". Inin.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Services". Inin.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Corporate Fact Sheet". Inin.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Interactive Intelligence Creates Charitable Foundation". Investors.inin.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Interactive Intelligence Foundation". Interactivefoundation.org. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Interactive Intelligence Foundation to Host Dinner-Auction Gala Fundraiser in Support of At-Risk Youth". Marketwatch.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "FoxNews Video". Interactivefoundation.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.