(Chief Executive Officer)
|Products||Loans, Savings, Transaction account, Investments, Debit Cards, Credit Cards|
|Revenue||BIF:3.7 billion (US$2.4 million) (2013)|
|Total assets||BIF:304.56 billion (US$198 million) (2013)|
The bank is a medium-sized financial services provider in Burundi, serving both individuals and businesses. As of April 2016[update], Interbank was the second largest commercial bank in Burundi, with a market-share of 25%. As of 31 December 2013, the bank's total assets were valued at BIF:304.56 billion (approx. US$198 million), with shareholders' equity of BIF:36.34 billion (approx. US$23.6 million).
The bank was founded in 1993 by citizens and non-citizens of Burundi, representing over ten nationalities.
As of December 2013[update], Interbank Burundi has a network of branches in Bujumbura (the largest city and former capital of Burundi) and in the provinces. Some of the locations where the bank maintains branches include the following:
- Main Branch – 15 Avenue de l'Industrie, Bujumbura
- Marché Central Branch – Avenue d'Allemagne, Bujumbura
- Quartier Asiatique Branch – Avenue Ntahangwa, Bujumbura
- Place de l'Indépendance Branch – Avenue du Commerce, Bujumbura
- Market Branch = Bujumbura Central Market, Avenue de la Croix-Rouge, Bujumbura
- Buyenzi Branch – 20th Avenue, Bujumbura
- Jabe Branch – Avenue de la Jeunesse, Bujumbura
- Ngozi Branch – RNG Road, Ngozi
- Kirundo Branch – Kirundo
- Gitega Branch – Gitega
- Muyinga Branch – Muyinga
- Makamba Branch – Makamba
- Rumonge Branch - Rumonge
- Kayanza Branch - Kayanza
- Bubanza Branch - Bubanza
- Masanganzira Branch - Masanganzira
- Ruyigi Branch - Ruyigi
- Cankuzo Branch - Cankuzo
- Mabanda Branch - Mabanda
- BRB (15 April 2016). "Burundian Financial System: The Commercial Banks" (in French). Bujumbura: Bank of the Republic of Burundi (BRB). Retrieved 15 April 2016.
- EBI (15 April 2016). "About Interbank Burundi". Bujumbura: Enjoyburundi.info (EBI). Retrieved 15 April 2016.
- IBB (7 March 2014). "Balance Sheet, Profit And Loss Accounts As of 31 December 2013" (PDF). Bujumbura: Interbank Burundi (IBB). Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 June 2016. Retrieved 15 April 2015.