(Redirected from Intercalary)
|Look up intercalation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Intercalation may refer to:
- Intercalation (chemistry), insertion of a molecule (or ion) into layered solids such as graphite
- Intercalation (timekeeping), insertion of a leap day, week or month into some calendar years to make the calendar follow the seasons
- Intercalation (university administration), period when a student is officially suspended from studying for an academic degree
- Intercalation (geology), a special form of interbedding, where two distinct depositional environments in close spatial proximity migrate back and forth across the border zone
- In biology:
- Intercalary segment, an appendage-less segment in the segmental composition of the heads of insects and Myriapoda
- Intercalation (biochemistry), process discovered by Leonard Lerman by which certain drugs and mutagens insert themselves between base pairs of DNA
- Intercalated cells of the amygdala
- Intercalated cells of the collecting duct
- Intercalated disc of cardiac muscle
- Intercalated duct of exocrine glands
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Intercalation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.