Interior Design (magazine)
|Founder||Harry V. Anderson|
|Based in||New York City, New York|
History and Profile
Interior Design was founded by Harry V. Anderson in Manhattan in 1932. He was also the publisher and editor of the magazine, which temporarily ceased publication during World War II. Following the war Anderson and John Hay Whitney of Whitney Communications Company relaunched the magazine. In 1959 the company became the sole owner of Interior Design. Harry V. Anderson served as the editor and publisher until 1969.
The other editors have included Donald D. Macmillan; Sherman R. Emery, from 1960 to 1983; and Stanley Abercrombie. The current editor is Cindy Allen. In 1984 Cahners Publishing, later Reed Business Information, bought the magazine from Whitney Communications Company. Sandow Media acquired the magazine in March 2010. The magazine is headquartered in New York City.
- Who's who in Interior Design, 2000, p.231. "Projects Published in: "The New York Times"; "The Miami Herald"; "House Beautiful Magazine"; "Interior Design Magazine"; "The Designer Magazine"; "Home Magazine"; "Home Entertainment Magazine"; "Vanidades Magazine"; "Victorian ...
- "Harry V. Anderson, 81, Ex-Magazine Publisher". The New York Times. August 17, 1983. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- Princeton Alumni Weekly, 72, i, 1971. "He was managing editor of INTERIOR DESIGN magazine and was the author of numerous magazine articles. He also wrote a number of books including “Good Taste in Home Decorating" and "Great American Furniture Styles, 1630-1830.
- Best: from the Interior design magazine Hall of Fame John C. Aves, Pirrie B. Aves, 1992, p. 236. "Sherman R. Emery, Editor of Interior Design Magazine, 1960–83. 1990, Louis M.S. Beal, Maria Bergson, Robert Bray, Thomas Britt, Frank Gehry, Margaret McCurry, Michael Schaible, Philippe Starck, Stanley Tigerman, Billie Tsien, Carleton Varney ...
- Tony Silber (March 29, 2016). "The Sale, Decline, and Ultimate Demise of Cahners Publishing". Folio:. Retrieved January 26, 2017.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "Sandow Media Acquires Interior Design Magazine and Furniture Today". Editor at Large. March 18, 2010. Retrieved January 26, 2017.
- "Home, Garden, and Crafts Magazine Editors". Book Market. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
- Macmillan, Donald D., Sherman R. Emery, and Stanley Abercrombie. "About Us." Interior Design. Shadow, 2014. Web. 30 Nov. 2015
.net, the magazine's official website
|This article relating to a design-related magazine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.
|This article about media in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|