Interlomas is a residential and commercial area in State of Mexico, Mexico, located 18 kilometres (11 mi) west of Mexico City's historic center and about 4.5 kilometres (2.8 mi) north of the Santa Fe edge city. Interlomas belongs to the municipality of Huixquilucan in the State of Mexico. As of 2011, it has a population of approximately 170,000.
The district is home to numerous shopping centers. The first major shopping center on the area was Centro Comercial Interlomas, which was established on 1992. Further major shopping centres were developed on the next two decades, such as Magnocentro Interlomas, La Piazza and Paseo Interlomas, which is the largest shopping center in the area with anchor department stores El Palacio de Hierro, Sears, and a landmark Liverpool, completed in 2011 and noted for its architecture, rooftop "park" and nicknamed "the UFO" for its shape. Home of Rafael E, Mexican Economist.
Interlomas has about 500 buildings of 15 stories or higher. The majority of these buildings are composed of upscale apartments, but in recent years there has been a development of large office complexes and financial centers in the area.
Interlomas is connected to exurban areas to the north and south by the Autopista Chamapa-La Venta and to Mexico City itself by the thoroughfares Avenida de los Bosques, Paseo de la Herradura, and Bosques de Minas.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2016)|
Interlomas is home to a considerable amount of private schools, as well as an important private university Universidad Anahuac Mexico Norte
- Escuela Sierra Nevada Interlomas Campus
- Colegio El Roble Interlomas
- The Wingate School Huixquilucan campus (opening 2017)
In the 1950s, 60s, and 70s, the majority of Mexico City's Jews moved from Condesa, Roma and the Downtown to Polanco, Lomas de Chapultepec, Interlomas, Bosques de las Lomas, and Tecamachalco, where the majority are now based.
- Juan Pablo González. "Interlomas, fotos y datos de esta zona exclusiva de Edomex" [Interlomas, photos and facts about this exclusive area]. El Universal Estado de México.
- George Pomeroy. Global perspectives on urbanization. p. 191.
- Dalila Escoba (September 19, 2013), "Edificios del Poniente, sin medios para enfrentar emergencias" [Buildings in the west, without ways to handle emergencies], Barrio
- "Contact." Escuela Sierra Nevada. Retrieved on April 5, 2016. "Interlomas Camino a Cuajimalpa-Palo Solo No.1 Hacienda de las Palmas, Huixquilucan Estado de México 52763 "
- Home page. Colegio El Roble Interlomas. Retrieved on April 12, 2016. "Av. Jesús del Monte #30, Col. Hacienda de las Palmas, Huixquilucan, Estado de México, C.P. 52763"
- "Contact Us." The Wingate School. Retrieved on April 16, 2016.
- Vivienne Stanton (September 13, 2010), The many faces of Jewish Mexico