This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2021)
This article may contain wording that promotes the subject through exaggeration of unnoteworthy facts. (November 2021)
Eko, formerly known as Interlude, is a media and technology company that enables production and web distribution of interactive multimedia videos.[non-primary source needed] The software was used for the Sony produced music video Bob Dylan's Like A Rolling Stone. Interlude was originally founded in 2010 and was rebranded as Eko in December 2016.[non-primary source needed]
Eko software constructs audiovisual multimedia and within users have options for streaming choices from a traversable video tree. The availability of different video streams allows for a change in viewer perspective or for narrative-branching.
Eko was founded by Israeli rock musician Yoni Bloch. Eko is based in New York and Tel Aviv, and is backed by Sequoia Capital, Intel Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Marker LLC, Innovation Endeavors, Warner Music Group, Sony Pictures, Samsung, and Walmart.
- 2013: Yoni Bloch was awarded the Prime Minister's Prize for Initiatives and Innovation for Interlude.
- 2014: Best Small Digital Agency
- 2014: the Sony interactive music video for Bob Dylan's Like A Rolling Stone won four Gold Lions; several sources name it as one of the best music videos of 2013.
- Barnes, B. (April 22, 2015). "Former Microsoft Executive Nancy Tellem to Join Interlude Start-Up". The New York Times.
- "Interlude Makes Its Interactive Video Authoring Suite, Treehouse, Free for Everyone" (Press release). Business Wire. August 5, 2014.
- Shamah, D. (November 25, 2013). "That Dylan video: How Israeli tech built it". The Times of Israel.
- Ha, A. (July 21, 2014). "Interlude's Parallel Video Feature Gives You A Cool Way To Combine Clips, Channel Surfing Style". TechCrunch.
- Erlichman, J. (April 22, 2015). "Nancy Tellem Takes Top Role at Interlude for Interactive Video". TheWrap.
- "Interlude Becomes Eko". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved November 21, 2019.
- Leichman, A. K. (November 12, 2012). "Top Israeli innovators receive Prime Minister's Prize". ISRAEL21c.
- "United States Patent: 8860882". USPTO Patent Full-Text and Image Database.
- "United States Patent: 9009619". USPTO Patent Full-Text and Image Database.
- "Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity". Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity. Retrieved November 21, 2019.
- Littleton, Cynthia (October 11, 2018). "Walmart Expands Entertainment Strategy With Eko Interactive Content Joint Venture". Variety. Retrieved November 3, 2018.
- Goldenberg, Roy (November 1, 2014). "Interactive Video Co Interlude Raises $15m". Globes.
- "Mashies 2014". Mashable Mashies 2014.
- "Interlude's Interactive Video Platform Produces Four Cannes Gold Lion Awards". Business Wire. June 23, 2014.
- Locker, Melissa (December 4, 2013). "Top 10 Music Videos". Time.
- Wilson, Jeremy (December 19, 2013). "The Best Music Marketing of 2013". The Huffington Post.
- "The Top Music Videos of 2013". Pitchfork Media. December 10, 2013.