Outer Ring Road, Bangalore
Outer Ring Road (ORR) is a ring road that runs around most of the perimeter of the city of Bangalore, India. This 60 km long road was developed by the Bangalore Development Authority and different sections were opened progressively between 1996 and 2002.
The Outer Ring Road is road connects all major highways around the city - Tumkur Road (NH 4), Bellary Road (NH 7), Old Madras Road (NH 4), Hosur Road (NH 7), Bannerghatta Road, Kanakapura Road (NH 209), Mysore Road (SH-17) and Magadi Road. It passes through major neighborhoods and suburbs such as Hebbal(NH7), Banaswadi, Krishnarajapuram(NH4), Marathahalli, HSR LAYOUT, Madiwala(NH7), BTM Layout, JP Nagar, Banashankari, Kengeri, Bangalore University, Nagarbhavi, Nandini Layout, Kengeri Upanagara and Gokula.
Initially conceived to keep the truck traffic out of downtown Bengaluru, the city has outgrown the Outer Ring Road. Nandi Infrastructure Corporation Limited has almost completed another partial ring road around Bengaluru as a part of the Bengaluru Mysore Infrastructure Corridor project (BMIC). The BDA and BMRDA have planned three more ring roads beyond the existing ring road.The first of these, the Peripheral ring road will run a few kilometers beyond the BMIC-PRR. The second and third of these will be known as the Intermediate ring road and the satellite towns ring road respectively.
Residential Apartments on Outer Ring Road
- Adarsh Palm Retreat, Outer Ring Road, Bengaluru
- Akme Harmony
- Alpine Eco, Outer Ring Road, Bengaluru
- Sobha Iris
- DSR Regency GreenGlen Layout
- City Lights Liberty Apartments (Near to Pratham Motors, Bellandur Village)
- Suncity Apartments
- Unishire Terraza
- Manyata Embassy Business Park
- Embassy TechVillage
- RMZ Ecospace
- Prestige Tech Park
- J P Morgan
- Cessna business park
- Poovanna, Sharan (1 July 2016). "Can the metro solve Bengaluru's traffic problem?". Mint. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- "Peripheral Ring Road work may begin by December". The Hindu. 21 June 2005. Retrieved 29 October 2012.
- "Unishire Terraza – Location Map". homznspace.com. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Outer Ring Road, Bangalore.|