|Look up intermezzo or intermezzi in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An intermezzo is a musical composition which fits between other musical or dramatic entities, such as acts of a play or opera, or movements of a larger musical work.
Intermezzo may also refer to:
- intermedio, an Italian spectacle with music and dance
- Intermezzo (Strauss), an opera by Richard Strauss premiered in 1924
- Intermezzo in modo classico, Mussorgsky
- Intermezzo, organ composition by Jehan Alain (1911-1940)
- Intermezzo, organ composition by Herbert Sumsion (1899-1995)
- "Intermeco", national anthem of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- "Intermezzo No. 1", an ABBA instrumental track from their 1975 self-titled album
Theatre, film and television
- InterMezzo (play), a 1933 play by Jean Giraudoux
- Intermezzo (1936 film), a 1936 Swedish language film starring Ingrid Bergman and Gösta Ekman
- Intermezzo (1939 film), a 1939 English language remake of the 1936 film starring Ingrid Bergman and Leslie Howard
- Intermezzo (chess), a chess tactic, more commonly called a Zwischenzug
- InterMezzo (file system), a file system for Linux
- Intermezzo (zolpidem tartrate), a prescription medication approved in late 2011 for the treatment of insomnia associated with 'early awakening'
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Intermezzo.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.