International Academy of Film and Television
|Type||Private film school|
|Location||Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines|
The International Academy of Film and Television (IAFT) is a trade film school offering diploma and certificate programs in filmmaking, acting, and 3D animation. IAFT includes significant amounts of hands-on practical experience under the care and guidance of recognized industry mentors in its progarms. IAFT Cebu was also voted as "one of the best film schools in the world" by the Hollywood Reporter.
In 2004 Bigfoot Entertainment began training Cebuanos in camera operation. Within a year, in response to growing demand for film education, the doors of IAFT were opened to full-time filmmaking students. The school was formed with the intention of hiring graduates for the affiliates, Bigfoot Studios and Fashion TV Philippines and Singapore. IAFT now offers Certificate and Diploma programs in Filmmaking, Acting and 3D Animation, as well as short-term workshops.
IAFT’s mission is to nurture the creativity and individual talents of their students, to cultivate today’s independent global filmmakers, and to build upon the entertainment traditions of Hollywood and other film capitals of the world. They place a strong emphasis on professional standards - using the latest filmmaking & acting techniques and equipment - taught by highly experienced industry professionals.
IAFT offers diploma and certificate programs in filmmaking and acting. The schools course of study includes sound design, photography, and script writing. IAFT's programs incorporate a minimum of 60 hours of internship within the professional industry, and acting programs require public performance to be undertaken regularly.
- Diploma Program in Filmmaking
- Certificate Program in Filmmaking
- Diploma Program in Performing Arts - Acting
- Certificate Program in Performing Arts - Acting
- Diploma Program in 3D Animation
- Certificate Program in 3D Animation
- Short-term Workshops e.g. On-camera Acting Workshop & Filmmaking Workshop
- Sujay Dahake - known for his work as director and as editor for the film Shala, Ajoba and Phuntroo
- Eli Razo - 2012 Sinulog Best Actor Awardee
- Jamie Herrell - known for winning the Miss Philippines Earth 2014 and Miss Earth 2014 titles
- Janice Villarosa - wrote, directed and produced Shunned.
- Daphne Chiu - Line Producer of Mumbai Love and Heneral Luna.
- Marvene Munda - Camera Operator for Mumbai Love.
- Breech Quincy Quilantang - Location Set Dresser for Jack Irish, an Australian movie which featured Guy Pearce in the starring role
- Gabriel Foulc - Director of the The Paper Plane Man (Global Shorts Honorable Mention)
- Anthony "Choi" Uy - 2017 Sinulog Best Actor "Sinulog Short Film Festival".
- Remton Siega Zuasola - "Best Documentary, Best Editing, Best Production Design and Best Director, in Sinulog 2017 Film Festival Documentary Category" for the film, Portal 40".
- Abraham Shilton Calamba - director of PUMA ad "#runthestreets" in Malaysia.
- Tandin Bidha - Best Female Actor for Bum Bhutan Chen mi Rinzi at the 16th Bhutan National Film Awards on February 21, 2017
- Technical Education and Skills Development Authority
- Bureau of Immigration
- United States Veteran Association (USVA)
- Parent Company - Bigfoot Entertainment
- Sister Company - Fashion One
- Educational Partner - Final Draft
- Josh Elmets; Rebecca Pahle (2010-01-29). "International Academy of Film & TV Flourishes in the Philippines". Retrieved 2011-03-22.
- "IAFT Introduces New Approach to Practical Filmmaking Education". Retrieved 2011-03-21.
- Bloomberg Business Week. "International Academy of Film and Television". Retrieved 2011-03-21.
- TESDA webpage
- International Academy of Film and Television official website