International Academy of Film and Television
|Type||Private film school|
|Location||Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu, Philippines; Los Angeles, CA, United States; Las Vegas, Nevada, United States; Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR; Antwerp, Belgium|
The International Academy of Film and Television (IAFT) is a boutique film school offering diploma and certificate programs in filmmaking and acting.
In 2003 founded by Michael Gleissner, Bigfoot Entertainment began training Cebuanos in camera operation. Within a year, in response to growing demand for film education, the doors of IAFT were opened to full-time filmmaking students. The school was formed with the intention of hiring graduates for the affiliates, Bigfoot Studios and Fashion TV Philippines and Singapore. IAFT now offers Certificate and Diploma programs in Filmmaking, Acting and Sound Design, as well as short-term workshops at all of its campuses.
IAFT’s mission is to nurture the creativity and individual talents of their students, to cultivate today’s independent global filmmakers, and to build upon the entertainment traditions of Hollywood and other film capitals of the world. They place a strong emphasis on professional standards - using the latest filmmaking & acting techniques and equipment - taught by highly experienced industry professionals.
IAFT offers diploma and certificate programs in filmmaking and acting. The schools course of study includes sound design, photography, and script writing. IAFT's programs incorporate a minimum of 60 hours of internship within the professional industry, and acting programs require public performance to be undertaken regularly.
- Diploma Program in Filmmaking
- Certificate Program in Filmmaking
- Diploma Program in Performing Arts - Acting
- Certificate Program in Performing Arts - Acting
- Short-term Workshops e.g. On-camera Acting Workshop & Filmmaking Workshop
- Parent Company - Bigfoot Entertainment
- Sister Company - Fashion One
- Educational Partner - Final Draft
- Josh Elmets; Rebecca Pahle (2010-01-29). "International Academy of Film & TV Flourishes in the Philippines". Retrieved 2011-03-22.
- "IAFT Introduces New Approach to Practical Filmmaking Education". Retrieved 2011-03-21.
- Bloomberg Business Week. "International Academy of Film and Television". Retrieved 2011-03-21.
- TESDA webpage
- International Academy of Film and Television official website
- Bigfoot Entertainment
- Fashion One
- Final Draft
- International Academy of Film and Television - Blog IAFT Official Blog