International Academy of Management and Economics
|Type||Private business school, Non-sectarian|
|President||Emmanuel T. Santos, LL.B., M.B.A., Ph.D.|
|Location||San Antonio Village, Makati City, Philippines|
In 1979, IAME's precursor was established under the name International University Foundation. It was founded by lawyer and educator Dr. Emmanuel T. Santos.
In 1985, IAME was accredited as a local institution by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) of the Philippines.
On March 21, 2003, I/AME became the first Makati City-based business school to fulfil the requirements of ISO 9001:2000 for establishing a Quality Management System for the Provision of Higher Education in Management, specifically for the design, delivery, and testing of business courses, and overall facilities management.
IAME has been involved in a dispute with CHED regarding the quality of its programs and its continued operations.
In February 2012, CHED ordered the closure of three IAME programs--Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA); Master in Business Administration (MBA) and Philosophy in Management (Ph.D. Management)--due to substandard quality.  In July 2012, the Philippines Supreme Court upheld CHED's decision. 
In August 2012, CHED cautioned prospective students from enrolling to IAME in connection to its closure order. IAME reportedly moved its operations to Hong Kong and released a statement stating that it is "beyond the jurisdiction of the Republic of the Philippines".
In May 2014, IAME stated that it has obtained a Temporary Restraining Order from a Makati Court against CHED's closure of the pertinent programs. 
IAME provides undergraduate and graduate programs in management. Degrees/diplomas issued by IAME before 2012 have full CHED accreditation, CHED accrediation also covers students enrolled at the time of the CHED decison. Since then, IAME has been issuing degrees citing "accreditation" from World Education Services, a New York-based degree equivalency assessment firm.
- Diploma in Management
- International Bachelor of Business Administration / Business Management
- International Master of Business Administration / Technology Management / International Management
- International Doctor of Philosophy in Management
IAME is located in Makati with a business library, an IT resource center, a publishing house, an auditorium, a gym, executive conference suites, and a restaurant.
- Commission on Higher Education: official Philippine government authority on higher education
- Official Primer, I/AME, 2006.
- Ronda, Rainier Allan. "CHED orders final closure vs 3 IAME academic programs", The Philippine Star, Manila, 06 February 2012. Retrieved on 13 July 2015.
- "Supreme Court upholds CHED, Executive Secretary on final closure of all IAME course offerings", Philippine Commission on Higher Education, Manila. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "Pinoy, HK students cautioned on closed economics school", "GMA News", Manila, 18 August 2012.
- "Makati Court Issues Injuction Vs. CHED", IAME. Retrieved 13 July 2015.