International Academy of Web Television
The International Academy of Web Television (IAWTV) was founded in 2008 and is devoted to the advancement of the arts and sciences of web television production. In 2009, the IAWTV held the first Streamy Awards ceremony, an annual event created to recognize excellence in web television production. The members of the academy select the nominees and winners for the Streamys. Membership is by invitation only and members represent a cross-section of roles and specialties in web television production.
The IAWTV is a membership based organization. Members of the organization elect an eleven person Board.
Members of the current Board:
- Jeff Burns, Chairman of the Board
- Jason Brasier, Vice-Chairman
- Nicole Wright, Treasurer
- Rebecca Norris, Secretary
- Frank Chindamo
- April Grant
- J. Sibley Law
- Marx Pyle
- Jonathan Robbins
- Amanda Shockley
- Lydia B. Schoenberger
The IAWTV has hosted an annual award presentation since 2012, titled the "IAWTV Awards". The 2012 presentation included several categories including Best Comedy Series and Best Drama series.
- Tilsner, Jamison (March 4, 2009). "Transparency. The Streamys and The IAWTV". Tilzy.tv. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "New International Academy of Web Television Announces Digital Entertainment Industry Leaders for Academy Membership" (PDF) (Press release). IAWTV. 2009-03-04. Retrieved 2009-10-02.
- "2012 IAWTV Award Winners". IAWTV Awards. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
|This article about an organization in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|