International Academy of Web Television
|Founder||Brady Brim-DeForest, Marc Hustvedt|
In the past, IAWTV membership was by invitation only, however, membership is now open to a range of digital professionals through an online application form. Members represent a full cross-section of roles and specialties in web television creation, production and distribution.
In 2017, the IAWTV became a division of The Caucus, an organization that began in the 1970s to elevate television programming for producers, writers and directors. Members of The Caucus include an elite group of talent, including J. J. Abrams, Vin Di Bona, Norman Lear, Tom Hanks, Dick Wolf, Gale Anne Hurd, and many more.
The IAWTV is a membership-based organization. Members of the current board are:
- Tina Cesa Ward, Chairman of the Board and Executive Committee Member of The Caucus
- Sandra Payne, Vice Chairman
In 2010, the IAWTV hosted the 2nd annual Streamy Awards. The poor reception of the event, and the surrounding controversy, resulted in a two-year hiatus for the Streamy Awards, and the subsequent creation of the IAWTV Awards. The two awards ceremonies are both still running annually, though as completely separate entities.
Since its inception in 2011, the IAWTV has held award ceremonies every year (with the exception of 2016), presenting awards to web series creators and talent in over a dozen categories, covering several genres. Notable IAWTV winners include Felicia Day, Julia Stiles and Milo Ventimiglia, as well as the critically acclaimed web series The Guild, Blue, Anyone But Me, Husbands, and Whatever, Linda.
- "About the IAWTV Awards". International Academy of Web Television. Retrieved 2017-09-16.
- "New International Academy of Web Television Announces Digital Entertainment Industry Leaders for Academy Membership" (PDF) (Press release). IAWTV. 2009-03-04. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2009-10-02.
- "Board of Directors". International Academy of Web Television. Retrieved 2017-09-16.
- Tilsner, Jamison (March 4, 2009). "Transparency. The Streamys and The IAWTV". Tilzy.tv. Archived from the original on June 10, 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- Kevin Beaumont (April 12, 2010). "2nd Streamy awards descend into farce". End of Show. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Liz Shannon Miller (April 12, 2010). "The Streamy Awards: A Producer's Apology And Its Three Fails". GigaOM. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Will the web series world support the new Streamy Awards?". Reuters. Retrieved 2017-09-17.
- Aymar Jean Christian (December 17, 2012). "On Giving the Streamys (and the IAWTV) a Chance". Televisual. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Canadian web series take home eight IAWTV Awards". Retrieved 2017-09-16.