International Airport Irkutsk
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: This article is terrible. Links in section titles should be removed, history expanded and converted to prose, and content added to the currently empty future expansion section (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|International Airport Irkutsk
|IATA: IKT – ICAO: UIII|
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Operator||JSC "International Airport Irkutsk"|
|Elevation AMSL||1,675 ft / 511 m|
International Airport Irkutsk (Russian: Международный Аэропорт Иркутск) (IATA: IKT, ICAO: UIII) is an airport on the outskirts of Irkutsk, Russia, at a distance of 60 kilometers (37 miles) from Lake Baikal.
The airport has direct international flights to Vietnam, Germany, Greece, Egypt, Spain, China, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uzbekistan and South Korea. It has daily domestic flights to Moscow, Vladivostok, Krasnoyarsk, Novosibirsk, Yakutsk, Saint Petersburg, Yekaterinburg, Sochi, and regional daily flights to Ust-Kut, Bratsk, Bodaybo, Kirensk and other Russian cities.
Due to its proximity to the Angara Reservoir, the airport is subject to a microclimate of foggy weather. When the airport is closed due to bad weather conditions, Bratsk Airport, Ulan-Ude Airport, Irkutsk Northwest Airport, and Belaya (air base) serve as diversion airports.
||This article contains embedded lists that may be better presented using prose. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- 24 June 1925. is considered the official birth date of Irkutsk airport. 6 aircraft — participants of great flight on the route Moscow — Irkutsk — Ulan-Bator — Beijing arrived at Irkutsk airport that day. Of these 6 planes, 4 were domestic and 2 were foreign. This flight was headed by pilot Mr. I. P. Shmidt. The event served as the beginning of organized planned air opening up of Siberia.
- On August 10–13, 1928 the first postal-passengers flight on the hydro aviation route Irkutsk — Bodaybo on the aircraft Junkers F 13 «Mossovet» was performed.
- August 1932 the greatest major air route Moscow — Vladivostok was opened. Irkutsk aviators started to perform flights on the route Irkutsk — Mogocha.
- January 1948. 24 hour flights on the air routes Irkutsk — Moscow, Irkutsk — Bodaybo — Yakutsk were started.
- On December 30, 1954 Airport Irkutsk had become the status of international by means of Government of the Soviet Union № 2412–1153.
- On September 15, 1956 the jet aircraft Tupolev Tu-104 first arrived at Irkutsk aerodrome by tech-flight from Beijing. That day was starting the first in the USSR passenger air route Moscow — Irkutsk on jet airliner Tupolev Tu-104. The flight was performed by Moscow crew headed by captain Mr. E. P. Barabash.
- On March 7, 1975. the first aircraft of second generation of civil airplanes Tupolev Tu-154 landed in Irkutsk.
- April 4, 1975. The first flight to Moscow on Tupolev Tu-154 was performed.
- November 11, 1980 The first Il-76 CCCP-76525 arrived in Irkutsk. The crew consisted of: flight instructor МГА Mr. M. V. Ptitsyn, the commander УТО Mr. V. F. Podshivalov, captain-probationer A.V. Bobylkov and other flying experts.
- December 19, 1980 The first flight was performed on the route Irkutsk — Polyarnyi using Il-76, it was headed by air detachment commander Mr. v. I. Sviridov.
- April 1, 1992 According to order № 238 d.d. 30 March Irkutsk united air group was reorganized. There were: State Enterprise " Irkutsk Airport " (SE «Irkutsk Airport») and public corporation «Air company «Baikal»
- October 28, 1994. The certificate № 045-А-М of Intergovernmental Aviation Committee for accordance with certification requirements was given. The airport was accepted as suitable for international flights service.
- December 16, 1994 The acting terminal of international flights was put in commission.
- April 12, 2002 Aerodrome operator changed name to Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Irkutsk Airport".
- July 14, 2004 The aerodrome got the certificate to accept international flight and landing-minimum 1 category ICAO 60Template:Explain?
- On October 14, 2008 the work for lengthening the runway (400 m towards Lake Baikal) was completed.
- April 10, 2009 Re-opening of the domestic terminal after reconstruction. The terminal is called "Crystal Gate".
- November 13, 2009 - International Airport "Airport Irkutsk" held its first aircraft spotting session, becoming the third largest city in Russia (after Moscow and Novosibirsk). The event has become a tradition.
- July 2, 2010 - Airport "Irkutsk" celebrated its 85th anniversary.
- March 1, 2011 - Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Airport Irkutsk" transformed into an open Joint-stock company International airport "Irkutsk".
Airport "Irkutsk" has only one runway with armobetonnym coating having a vertical drop of more than 30 m. The total capacity of the two passenger terminals is 1450 passengers / hour. Cargo terminal is equipped with diesel forklifts, hoists, container platform, electronic and mechanical scales (for weighing cargo up to 30 tons). The airport complex also includes the airport hotel "Air Harbour", a service of aviation service (board food workshop) repair facility and medical services. There is a VIP lounge in the international terminal building.
- Domestic terminal: 800 passengers/hour
- International terminal: 650 passengers/hour
Cargo terminal: area = 2.2 hectares with a capacity of 150 tonnes per day.
Fire fighting equipment: cat VIII
Runway dimensions and type of surface: 3565 x 45 m, Cement and Concrete – 40 cm, Fiber Crete – 29 cm, PCN 72/R/C/X/T.
Aids to navigation and operations:
ETOPS Diversion airport
Airlines and destinations
|China Postal Airlines||Charter Flights only|
|Rank||Country||Region||City||Airport||Airlines||Number of passengers|
|1||Russia||Moscow / Moscow Oblast||Moscow||Moscow Domodedovo Airport, Sheremetyevo International Airport, Vnukovo International Airport||S7 Airlines, Ural Airlines, Aeroflot, Transaero||614,888|
|2||Russia||Novosibirsk Oblast||Novosibirsk||Novosibirsk Tolmachevo Airport||Angara, IrAero, NordStar, S7 Airlines||139,208|
|3||Thailand||Bangkok Metropolitan Region, Phuket Province||Bangkok, Phuket City||Suvarnabhumi Airport, Phuket International Airport||Azur Air, S7 Airlines, Pegas Fly||125,418|
|4||China||Municipality of Beijing||Beijing, Manzhouli, Harbin, Hong Kong||Beijing Capital Airport, Manzhouli Xijiao Airport, Harbin, Hong Kong Airport||Hainan Airlines, S7 Airlines||106,323|
|5||Russia||Khabarovsk Krai||Khabarovsk||Khabarovsk Novy Airport||Aurora Airlines, IrAero||76,340|
|6||Russia||Primorsky Krai||Vladivostok||Knevichi Airport||S7 Airlines, Ural Airlines||50,251|
Airport publishes its own regional newspaper industry "Irkutsk sky", dedicated to civil aviation in Irkutsk region. The publication contains interviews with the heads of airlines, airline news column, analytical materials. The newspaper is published bimonthly and distributed free in the airport terminals and the airlines' offices in Irkutsk.
Incidents and accidents
In Summer 2006, when the only runway was closed after the S7 crash (see below), incoming planes were diverted to the runway of the nearby Irkut aviation plant, where Sukhoi fighters and the Beriev Be-200 are produced.
- On 9 July 2006, S7 Airlines Flight 778 overshot the runway, and crashed through a concrete barricade, hit a group of private garages and burst into flames, killing 125 out 203 people on board.
- (Russian)Aviapages.ru Airport Irkutsk/Irkutsk
- (Russian)"Airport Irkutsk" in 2010 showed an increase in passenger traffic
- World Aero Data
- (Russian)November 13 at Irkutsk airport for the first time was aircraft spotting session // Official site of JSC "International airport" Irkutsk ""
- (Russian)In the Irkutsk airport today held a summer aircraft spotting //News "AS Baikal TV"
- (Russian)"Airport Irkutsk" marks 85 years // Official site of JSC "International airport" Irkutsk ""
- Boeing-conducted Airport safety and operational assessments
- New Cross-Polar Routes
- "Авиарейсы из Иркутска в Красноярск и Мирный запустят с 5 января". IrkutskMedia.ru. PrimaMedia. 28 December 2014. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Итоги работы за 2013 год подвели в Иркутском аэропорту". ОАО «Международный Аэропорт Иркутск». Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- "В аэропорту Иркутск подвели итоги 2015 года". ОАО «Международный Аэропорт Иркутск». Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- (Russian)"Airport Irkutsk" presented the first edition of the newspaper devoted to civil aviation of the Irkutsk region
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Irkutsk Airport.|
- Official Website International Airport Irkutsk
- (Russian) Official Website International Airport Irkutsk
- Airport information for UIII at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for UIII at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for UIII at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for IKT at Aviation Safety Network