Nea Anchialos National Airport
|Nea Anchialos National Airport
Κρατικός Αερολιμένας Νέας Αγχιάλου
Volos Central Greece Airport
Volos Nea Anchialos Airport of Central Greece
|Elevation AMSL||83 ft / 25 m|
Nea Anchialos National Airport (Greek: Κρατικός Αερολιμένας Νέας Αγχιάλου) (IATA: VOL, ICAO: LGBL) is an airport located near the town of Nea Anchialos in Greece. It serves the city of Volos and is also known as Volos Central Greece Airport or Volos Nea Anchialos Airport of Central Greece.
The airport is developed by public partnership and began operation on February 1991. It is the only civilian airport that serves the cities of Volos, Lamia, Larisa, Farsala, Trikala, and Karditsa. The airport is located between the towns of Nea Anchialos, Almyros, Velestino and Farsala, about 24 kilometres (13 NM) southwest of downtown Volos, in the Magnesia regional unit, in Thessaly.
The airport is designed to be upgraded over the ensuing years in order to accommodate the increase in air travel and its upgrades are planned in a six-phase framework. It currently has one terminal.
Airlines and destinations
|Austrian Airlines||Seasonal: Vienna|
|Enter Air||Seasonal charter: Manchester|
|Germania||Seasonal charter: London-Gatwick|
|Sky Express||Seasonal: Heraklion|
|Small Planet Airlines||Seasonal charter: Manchester|
|Small Planet Airlines (Poland)||Seasonal charter: London-Gatwick|
|Transavia France||Seasonal : Paris-Orly|
|City||Airport(s)||Weekly departures and arrivals
|Austria, Vienna||Vienna International Airport||6||Austrian Airlines, Niki (airline)|
|Greece, Heraklion||Heraklion International Airport||3||SkyExpress|
|Netherlands, Amsterdam||Amsterdam International Airport||3||Transavia|
|United Kingdom, London||Gatwick International Airport||3||Monarch Airlines , Small Planet Airlines|
|France, Paris||Orly International Airport||2||Transavia France|
|United Kingdom, Manchester||Manchester International Airport||2||Enter Air , Small Planet Airlines|
- Airport information for LGBL from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for VOL at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- "Monthly airpost statistical data (January - December 2010)". Hellenic Civilian Aviation Authority. www.hcaa.gr. Retrieved 2011-05-16.
- "The Annual Statistical Bulletin of the Civil Aviation Authority" (PDF). Hellenic Civilian Aviation Authority. www.hcaa.gr. Retrieved 2012-11-11.
- "Volos Airport: About Us". Retrieved 18 April 2011.
Nea Anchialos National Airport operated for the first time in 1991.
- "Κρατικός Αερολιμένας Νέας Αγχιάλου". Retrieved 15 April 2010.
- Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority: Greek Airports
- "COSMOS holidays". cosmos.co.uk. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- "Flights To Volos (Nea Anchialos)". gatwickairport.com. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- "Charter Flight Timetables". manchesterairport.co.uk. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- "Direct flights to Volos". schiphol.nl. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- "Airlines flying toVOLOS". aeroportsdeparis.fr. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- Current weather for LGBL at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for VOL at Aviation Safety Network