International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education
|Motto||Helping colleges and universities prepare today's business students for tomorrow's workplace.|
|Headquarters||Kansas City area (Lenexa, Kansas)|
|Over 230 educational institutions in over 20 countries|
|Dennis N. Gash|
The International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) is an educational accreditation agency for college and university business programs. It is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) as a programmatic accrediting organization. It is also a member of the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education - (INQAAHE).
The IACBE accredits associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral-level degree programs in business and business-related fields at institutions with bachelor's and/or graduate degree programs throughout the world. It is based in Olathe, Kansas, United States, with member institutions in more than 20 countries throughout the world. Business programs are evaluated based on the IACBE's accreditation principles, which examine eight major areas: outcomes assessment, strategic planning, curriculum, faculty, scholarly and professional activities, resources, internal and external relationships, and educational innovation.
The organization was established in 1997 by John L. Green, who earlier founded the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs. Following his retirement in June 2011, he was named as President Emeritus by the IACBE's Board of Directors. Dennis N. Gash, formerly Associate Professor of Economics at Jamestown College was appointed as the new IACBE President as of July 1st, 2011.
Council for Higher Education Accreditation recognition
The Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), whose recognition is accepted by the U.S. Department of Education, recognized IACBE as an accreditor in January 2011 as a result of a January 24, 2011, vote by the CHEA board of directors. IACBE first applied for CHEA recognition in 2003.
- "IACBE International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education". http://www.topaccreditations.com.
- CHEA Directory Listing Programmatic Accrediting Organizations 2013-2014, Council for Higher Education Accreditation website, accessed January 25, 2014
- INQAAHE - Member Profile
- "International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education". http://www.saintleo.edu.
- IACBE Membership Accessed October 1, 2011
- IACBE Accreditation: International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education website. Retrieved on September 6, 2010.
- Bears' guide to earning degrees by distance learning, John Bear and Mariah P. Bear (2003), 15th edition. Ten Speed Press. Page 55.
- IACBE Website News Release Retrieved December 31, 2013
- "Dr. John L.Green Jr.". http://www.zoominfo.com.
- The IACBE Earns CHEA Recognition, press release, IACBE website, accessed January 25, 2011
- Douglas Viehland, Report from the Executive Director, ACBSP Update, Spring 2007, page 3. Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs.