International Association of Master Penmen, Engrossers and Teachers of Handwriting
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
IAMPETH official logo
|Formation||January 1, 1949|
|Legal status||501(c)3 Non-profit organization|
|Headquarters||Webster, New York, USA|
|over 700 members|
The International Association of Master Penmen, Engrossers and Teachers of Handwriting (IAMPETH) (pronounced "I am Peth") is an international association for practicing and preserving the arts of calligraphy, engrossing and penmanship. It is currently the largest penmanship organization in the world and was founded in 1949.
IAMPETH is dedicated to helping people improve their lettering and artistic skills, and maintains an archive of works of past masters in addition to online instruction guides covering most popular methods of handwriting including Copperplate, Spencerian Script, Illuminated manuscript production (engrossing) and others.
- Practice and teach the arts of calligraphy, engrossing and fine penmanship
- Restore the teaching of penmanship in schools
- Improve the handwriting of young people
- Honor the Master Penmen of today, and
- Preserve and share with others the rich tradition of American Penmanship.