International Bacon Day
|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for events. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|International Bacon Day|
|Observances||Social gatherings; eating bacon|
|Date||Saturday before Labor Day|
International Bacon Day or Bacon Day is an unofficial holiday celebrating bacon dishes that has been observed since 2009 or earlier in the United States. It is usually on the Saturday before US Labor Day, but some celebrate it in December and, in Canada, in August.
Bacon Day was conceived in Bedford, Massachusetts in 1997, and became International Bacon Day in 2009 and is usually celebrated on the Saturday before Labor Day (which in the US is the first Monday in September). A growing faction in the US has celebrated Bacon Day on December 30 since 2006, and as of 2016 it is also celebrated on August 8 in Canada. The Reykjavík Bacon Festival in Iceland has also taken place in August since 2011.
Bacon day celebrations typically include social gatherings during which participants create and consume dishes containing bacon, including bacon-themed breakfasts, lunches, dinners, desserts, and drinks.
- Bacon, Natalie (September 5, 2012). "International Bacon Day". Republic of Bacon. Webstar Content. Archived from the original on January 1, 2015. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- Linn, John (August 14, 2009). "One slice is never enough: more bacon to feed your jones". Broward Palm Beach New Times. New Times BPB, LLC. Retrieved November 18, 2015.
- Kirsch, Mike. "September 5th is International Bacon Day". BaconToday.com. Retrieved September 7, 2012.
- Eatocracy (August 30, 2014). "International Bacon Day" – via CNN.
- "International Bacon Day". internationalbaconday.blogspot.de. Retrieved November 18, 2015.
- "Food Tours: Best ways to enjoy bacon on International Bacon Day". Fox News. September 2, 2016.
- Lisa, Andrew (September 3, 2016). "6 ways to celebrate International Bacon Day". Las Vegas Review-Journal.
- Carter, Noelle (September 4, 2015). "International Bacon Day is Saturday. Here are 18 ways to celebrate". Los Angeles Times.
- Iannucci, Lisa (September 3, 2016). "International Bacon Day: 7 Delicious Vacations". Travel Pulse.
- Conlon, Matthew. "Bacon Day Anthem". youtube.com. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- "Reykjavík Bacon Festival". Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival (Iowa). Retrieved November 29, 2016.
- Fluker, Anjali (August 31, 2012). "Celebrate International Bacon Day in Winter Park with chocolate-covered piggy strips". Orlando Business Journal. Retrieved September 7, 2012.
 Bacon Day (Dec. 30th) original site