International Bar-B-Q Festival
The International Bar-B-Q Festival is an event held in Owensboro, Kentucky, every second weekend in May since 1979, except 2020 when it was cancelled. The festival provides an opportunity for sampling many varieties of barbecued meats, including chicken, mutton, and burgoo. Cooking teams compete for the Governor's Cup, awarded to the team judged to have the best barbecued cuisine. Other attractions include square dancing, musical performances, and arts and crafts. The Kentucky Department of Tourism recently (in 2006) projected an expected attendance of 85,000 for the festival.
- "International Bar-B-Q Festival". KYFestivals.com. Retrieved 2007-03-20.
- Millburg, Steve. "Two Days of Barbecue Heaven". TrailsRUs.com. Retrieved 2007-03-20.
- "Barbecue Trail". TrailsRUs.com. Retrieved 2007-03-20.
- "One Tank Trip to Festivals Around Kentucky" (DOC). Kentucky Department of Parks. 2005-05-12. Retrieved 2007-03-20.[dead link]
- "Owensboro Sister Cities / Regions - Owensboro Guide". Owensboro Community and Technical College. Retrieved 2007-03-20.
- "Bar-B-Q Aromas and Music Will Fill the Air at Owensboro Festival". Kentucky Department of Tourism. 2006-05-03. Retrieved 2007-03-20.
- International Bar-B-Q Festival Home Page
- Commemorative Coca-Cola bottle for 20th anniversary of the festival
- Pictures from the festival featured in Southern Living Magazine
- Festival featured by the Travel Channel