International Bottled Water Association
It promotes bottled water through events such as National Hurricane Preparedness Week. The association fights attempts to ban or tax bottled water   and is active in other legislative and regulatory areas, including drafting bottled water regulations adopted by some state governments.
It has worked with the FDA in developing a Model Bottled Water Regulation (also known as the Model Code), providing specific guidance to bottlers on legal requirements, quality standards, monitoring procedures and labeling requirements. Members of the IBWA are required to abide by the Code.
Started out as the American Bottled Water Association, ABWA founded in 1958,It took on the mantel of IBWA as it grew to include international bottlers in the early 1980s.
Controversy and criticisms
Since 2011, 23 of America's national parks had ended the sale of bottled water products in a bid to become environmentally sustainable. After several months of lobbying, the Trump administration in 2017, the IBWA succeeded in ending this cessation of sales and once again allowing plastic bottled water waste to be produced inside all national parks.
- "International Bottled Water Association Promotes Hurricane Preparedness By Joining 'Be A Force Of Nature' Campaign". VendingMarketwatch.com. May 30, 2012. Retrieved June 3, 2012.
- "Movement to Ban or Tax Bottled Water Gains Momentum; IBWA Responds". VendingMarketWatch.com. September 21, 2007. Retrieved June 3, 2012.
- Refermat, Emily (May 1, 2008). "Fact: Vendors Need to Know About the Bottled Water Environmental Controversy". VendingMarketWatch.com. Retrieved June 3, 2012.
- "IBWA delays N.Y. bottle law". Beverage Industry. May 27, 2009. Retrieved June 3, 2012.
- "Bottled water association logs definitions". Austin American-Statesman. December 18, 1993. p. D4. Retrieved June 3, 2012.
The International Bottled Water Association has established model regulations, used by Florida, Louisiana, Hawaii, Massachusetts, California and Pennsylvania.
- Glenza, Jessica (2017-08-20). "Trump's decision to allow plastic bottle sales in national parks slammed". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-08-20.
- "IBWA Goes For Jackpot In Las Vegas". Beverage Industry. August 1, 2006. Retrieved June 3, 2012.
- "'Everyone's a Winner' At IBWA Show". Beverage Industry. November 1, 2006. Retrieved June 3, 2012.
|This article about a business, industry, or trade-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|