International Canoe Federation
|Affiliations||International Olympic Committee|
The International Canoe Federation (ICF) is the umbrella organization of all national canoe organizations worldwide. It is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and administers all aspects of canoe sport worldwide. 157 countries are affiliated with the ICF after seven national federations were added at the 2008 ICF Congress in Rome.
- Flat water
- Canoe sprint, formerly flatwater racing (World Championships since 1938)
- Canoe marathon, (World championships since 1988),
- Dragon boat
- Canoe polo (World Championships since 1994)
- White (/Wild) water
- Canoe slalom, formerly slalom racing (World championships since 1949)
- Wildwater canoeing
- Canoe ocean racing
- Canoe freestyle (formerly called rodeo)
- Canoe sailing
- Flat/White water
- José Perurena, President
- István Vaskúti, 1st Vice President
- Joao Manuel Da Costa Alegre, 2nd Vice President
- Tony Estanguet 3rd Vice President
- Luciano Buonfiglio, Treasurer
There are five continental associations affiliated with the ICF. These associations are responsible for organizing continental championships, providing support for their member federations and communicating their interests at the ICF Board meetings.
- European Canoe Association
- Pan American Canoe Federation
- Oceania Canoe Association
- Asian Canoe Confederation
- African Canoe Confederation
- American Whitewater
- Association of Summer Olympic International Federations
- "LONDON 2012 ICF FACT SHEET" (PDF). canoeicf.com. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- International Canoe Federation - Paracanoe
- International Canoe Federation - Va'a Archived 2015-06-19 at the Wayback Machine.
- Germany’s “Lost Mills” Becomes First SUP Race to Be Sanctioned by the International Canoe Federation (ICF) SUP Racer, 28th March 2016
- Surfing and canoeing in row over stand up paddle boarding ownership BBC, 5th April 2017
- Surf’s up at SportAccord: An interview with Fernando Aguerre SportsPro, 5th April 2017
- Surf and canoe bosses in Olympic battle over stand-up paddleboarding NZ Herald, 6th April 2017
- Continental Associations Archived 2012-03-28 at the Wayback Machine.
- ICF November 30, 2008 article on the 2008 ICF Congress in Rome - accessed 30 November 2008.
- Official website
|This article about a sports-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|