International Coach Federation
|Thomas J. Leonard|
Global Board Chair
|Tracy Sinclair, PCC|
The International Coach Federation (ICF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to professional coaching.As of April 2017, ICF has approximately 30,000 members in 140 countries. Founded in 1995, ICF campaigns worldwide for professional standards within the coaching profession, and provides independent certification for professional coaches (through the ICF Credential) and coach training programs (through ICF Training Program Accreditation). ICF has been called "the main accrediting and credentialing body for both training programs and coaches".
In 2011, the ICF and the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) led in the lodging with the European Union a charter which lays out how the coaching and mentoring profession across Europe can remain a self-regulated profession.
- Athitakis, Mark (17 April 2017). "Cultural differences on your board? Set some ground rules". associationsnow.com. American Society of Association Executives. Retrieved 2017-05-26.
- "History – About – ICF". coachfederation.org. Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- "2017 Leadership, Governance and Involvement". coachfederation.org. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- Tugend, Alina (7 March 2015). "Before starting as a coach, it helps to go into training". The New York Times. p. B4.
- Brennan, Diane; Whybrow, Allison (2016) . "Coach accreditation". In Passmore, Jonathan. Excellence in coaching: the industry guide (3rd ed.). London; Philadelphia: Kogan Page. pp. 287–312. ISBN 9780749474461. OCLC 927192333.
- Grant, Anthony M.; Cavanagh, Michael J. (2011). "Coaching and positive psychology: Credentialing, professional status, and professional bodies". In Sheldon, Kennon M.; Kashdan, Todd B.; Steger, Michael F. Designing positive psychology: taking stock and moving forward. Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press. pp. 295–312. doi:10.1093/acprof:oso/9780195373585.003.0019. ISBN 9780195373585. OCLC 610144651.
- Gavin, James; Mcbrearty, Madeleine (2013) . "Meeting ethical guidelines and establishing the coaching agreement". Lifestyle wellness coaching (2nd ed.). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics. pp. 74–75. ISBN 9781450414845. OCLC 796355109.
- "European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) and International Coach Federation (ICF) and others, Professional Charter for Coaching and Mentoring, June 2011". eesc.europa.eu. Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- "Digital Single Market: Professional Charter for Coaching and Mentoring". ec.europa.eu. Retrieved 18 May 2017.
- "Professional Charter for Coaching and Mentoring – About – ICF". coachfederation.org. Retrieved 18 May 2017.