International College of the Cayman Islands
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Students||200-250 full and part time|
|Location||Newlands, Cayman Islands|
|Radio station||101.1 ICCI-FM|
|Colours||Blue and Gold|
|Affiliations||Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools|
The International College of the Cayman Islands (ICCI) is a U.S. accredited non-profit, private, four-year independent institution of higher education which opened in the fall of 1970. It is the oldest college in the Cayman Islands and is located in Newlands in the district of Bodden Town on the island of Grand Cayman.
International College of the Cayman Islands is located at 595 Hirst Road, Newlands, Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands.
The campus of ICCI is located in the central part of Grand Cayman in the rural community of Newlands, approximately seven miles east of George Town.
The International College of the Cayman Islands is incorporated as a nonprofit guarantee company in the Cayman Islands to operate as a private, independent institution of higher education. It is also registered with and recognized by the Education Council of the Cayman Islands Government.
The school's property and buildings are held in the name of the college by a board of trustees. The board is responsible for the maintenance of college properties and formulates college policy.
The student to faculty ratio at the International College of the Cayman Islands is 11:1. Most classes have about 15 students. Students come to ICCI from other Caribbean Islands and every continent in the world. The school awarded degrees to 54 students in January 2010 at its 37th annual commencement ceremony and 72 degrees two years later in January 2012 at the 39th annual commencement.
The student population in the Fall quarter of 2011 was made up of 231 students from 17 different nations.
ICCI offers Associate of Science, Bachelor of Science, Masters of Science, and Masters of Business Administration degrees.
Associate's degrees are offered in Business, General Studies, and Office Administration. Business students can choose among several concentrations, including Accounting, Banking, Broadcasting Management, Finance, Hotel and Tourism Management, and Information Systems.
Majors for the Bachelor of Science degree are Business Administration, Human and Social Services, Liberal Studies, and Office Administration. Business students may choose concentrations in Accounting or Finance.
The Master of Science degree is offered in two areas: Human Resources and Education.
ICCI has been continuously accredited since 1979 by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). ACICS was listed by the United States Department of Education and by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) as a recognized accrediting agency, but was delisted by the Department of Education in August 2016. ICCI is recognized by the Cayman Islands Education Council which gives credence to its degrees. Caymanian students attending ICCI are eligible for participation in Cayman Islands Government Scholarship. ICCI has "Exemption" Accreditation by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). The highest available degree is a master's degree.
- World Association for Christian Communication (WACC)
- Cayman Islands Chamber of Commerce (CICC)
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- American Council of Education (ACE)
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Library and Information Resources Network, Inc. (LIRN)
- Recognized by the Cayman Island’s Education Council; Caymanian students eligible for participation in Cayman Islands Government Scholarship http://www.myicci.com/LocalScholarshipForm.pdf. See also http://www.myicci.com/accreditation
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) http://www.acics.org and see also http://www.chea.org (Council for Higher Education Accreditation - provides public database documenting accreditation of colleges and universities)
- "Exemption" Accreditation by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. http://www.accaglobal.com/. See also https://portal.accaglobal.com/accaweb/faces/page/public/accreditations/enquiry/main/EnqInstitutionsTable.jspx
- Approved by the United States Veterans Administration as an institution of higher education for enrollment of eligible veterans
- Approved by the British Chartered Institute of Bankers as an institution offering banking courses (The B.S. degree in business administration meets the requirements for admission to the Associate Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB) program.)
- Approved by Educational Testing Services (ETS) for inclusion in the list of GMAT score recipients.
- "Fifty–four receive ICCI degrees". CayCompass.com. 12 January 2010.
- "ICCI expecting enrolment hike". CayCompass.com. 16 August 2010.
- "Education Department Strips Authority of Largest For-Profit Accreditor". U.S. News & World Report. 22 September 2016.