|International Computer Music Conference|
The International Computer Music Conference (ICMC) is a yearly international conference for computer music researchers and composers. It is the annual conference of the International Computer Music Association (ICMA).
Each year there is a specific theme. For example, in 2007, the theme was "Immersed Music" and immersive media. ICMC 2007 took place in Copenhagen. On August 28, there was an "Underwater/Water Concert" at the DGI-byen swimcenter, in the hundred-metre DGI-byen pool, as well as the various other pools of the Vandkulturhuset.
This "Immersed Music" theme of ICMC 2007 explored important issues in musical instrument classification and immersion.
2017 43rd ICMC took place from Oct 16, 2017 - Oct 20, 2017 in Shanghai, China. 2018 44th ICMC took place from 5–10 August 2018 in Daegu, Korea.
- Sani, N. and Bernardini, N. (1987), "1986 International Computer Music Conference, Den Haag: Review in Two Parts", Perspectives of New Music, 25 (1/2): 618–637
- "鸭脖官网-鸭脖官方网站-鸭脖娱乐官网". Icmc2007.net. Retrieved 12 January 2021.
- "Joint ICMC - SMC 2014". 24 February 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-02-24. Retrieved 12 January 2021.
- "ICMC 2018 – preserve | engage | advance". icmc2018.org. Archived from the original on 2018-04-30.
- CMA history
- ICMA – International Computer Music Association
- ICMC 2008, 2008 Conference website, hosted by the Sonic Arts Research Centre, Queen's University Belfast
- ICMC|SMC 2014, 2014 Conference website, hosted by the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, the Institute for Research on Music & Acoustics and the Onassis Cultural Center.
- ICMC2016, 12–16 September 2016 in Utrecht, the Netherlands
- ICMC2018, 5–10 August 2018 in Daegu, Korea