International Day of No Prostitution
|International Day of No Prostitution|
|Observed by||Anti-sex work feminists|
|Next time||5 October 2022|
In 2005, the University of the Philippines Institute of Human Rights and the Asia-Pacific chapter of the Coalition Against Trafficking in Women (CATW) organized an IDNP event at which they discussed the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2003. In 2008, there was an IDNP candlelight vigil in Phoenix, Arizona; a second such vigil took place again in 2010 in the same location, with some of the city's leaders and some former sex workers amongst the participants.
Also in 2010, CATW observed IDNP by opposing the decision in Bedford v. Canada to strike down Canada's anti-sex work laws. A group of former human trafficking victims and former sex workers in Canada also opposed the stricking down of these laws, picketing a courthouse in downtown Toronto, Ontario in recognition of IDNP.
- "Survivors challenge legislators on International Day of No Prostitution". Alliance of Progressive Labor. October 5, 2004. Archived from the original on July 27, 2013. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- "No Prostitution Day in Davao on October 5". Davao Today. September 30, 2008. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- "Talking about prostitution". Women's Health Action. December 2002. Archived from the original on July 27, 2013. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- "Sex worker joins campaign vs prostitution". Philippine Daily Inquirer. October 17, 2005. p. A6.
- "Plays and Candle Light Walk Part of Prostitution Awareness Week". East Valley Living. September 15, 2008. Archived from the original on July 27, 2013. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- Jennifer Parks (October 9, 2010). "Dignity candlelight walk raises awareness about Valley prostitution". American Broadcasting Company. Archived from the original on October 14, 2010. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- Norma Ramos (October 19, 2010). "Ontario To Traffickers: We're Open For Business". Coalition Against Trafficking in Women. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- Kevin Connor (October 6, 2010). "Former prostitutes picket trade". The London Free Press. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- "Women group to hold 'fun run'". Sun.Star. October 4, 2011. Archived from the original on October 6, 2015. Retrieved July 26, 2013.