International Defence Exhibition
|International Defence Exhibition (IDEX)|
|Venue||Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre|
|Country||United Arab Emirates|
|Attendance||Nearly 45,000 in 2009|
|Organized by||Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (ADNEC)|
The International Defence Exhibition & Conference, or IDEX, is a biennial arms and defence technology sales exhibition. The exhibition is the largest defence exhibition and conference in the Middle East and takes place in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The first edition of the exhibition took place in 1993. The exhibition is organized through the state-run Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (ADNEC).
The business conducted at the 2005 IDEX totalled 2 billion US dollars. According to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, the arms sales of the SIPRI Top 100 arms-producing and military services companies in 2013 (outside China) totalled 402 billion US dollars.
- IDEF—Defence expo in Istanbul, Turkey
- IDEAS—Defence expo in Karachi, Pakistan
- Special Operations Forces Exhibition (SOFEX)—Defence expo in Amman, Jordan
- Eurosatory—Defence expo in Paris, France
- "IDEX 2019: Next Sunday opening of largest defense exhibition in Middle East". armyrecognition.com. 12 February 2019.
- "Sales by largest arms companies fell again in 2013 but Russian firms' sales continued rising - SIPRI". www.sipri.org.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to IDEX.|
- Official website
- Jane's IDEX 2011 show site at the Jane's Defence Weekly website
- 2009 Review  at the Monocle website
- IDEX -2011 Press Release official IDEX website
- IDEX 2011—TheNational IDEX topic
|This article related to weaponry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This business-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|